Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, King Close said:

I think its unlikely if Vuc walks we also let Birch walk, leaving us with a center rotation of Bamba, and Mozgov and Mozgov will more than likely never play for us. Granted FA, but I don’t understand why we’d let Birch walk. 

I was shocked to hear about Birch.  There is still so much time between now and July so who knows what may change between now and then.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Don't hate the messenger here but from what I have been hearing from a trusted source who has contacts within the organization is don't be surprised if Vuc and Birch are not back next year.  But who really knows what's going to happen.

That wouldn’t surprise me. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but Burch thanked the Magic for the support and it had under currents of good bye. Too bad, I really liked his laid back demeanor; seemed like a cool guy.

7 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I think almost everyone would be pleased if Vuc wasn’t here, and most would be fine with Birch leaving as long as we got a Javale McGee type player to replace him. Pretty good news if this is true 

I will not be pleased giving money on a guy like McGee and not  Birch. Birch knows the system well and understand  his postion well. He is also a great teamate.

Am I the only one here? 

Like I said, If we offer 3-4 millions a year to McGee and not Birch, I will not be happy. If Birch decides to go somewhere else or gets a better offer then, FINE.. I go with a guy like Lopez, O'quinn or even McGee. 

They would only consider letting Birch go, as well as Vuc, if they have a guaranteed center lined up in FA (no one would be a sure thing yet) or Birch has been vocally upset about his role and wants out. I think the latter is a possibility, maybe we've made it clear that we are going to look for a center in FA to start and have Bamba backup (or vice versa) and Birch will be 3rd string again. He may be unhappy about that and be confidant that he could find a team that will make him first backup.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I was shocked to hear about Birch.  There is still so much time between now and July so who knows what may change between now and then.

Birch was going to ask to be released almost simultaneously with Bamba getting hurt because he wanted to play.

I wouldn't be surprised if he asks to go somewhere else with him assuming we're going to resign vucevic and Bamba being the second string

The good news is he's restricted so we can keep him if we want him

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Birch was going to ask to be released almost simultaneously with Bamba getting hurt because he wanted to play.

I wouldn't be surprised if he asks to go somewhere else with him assuming we're going to resign vucevic and Bamba being the second string

The good news is he's restricted so we can keep him if we want him

Maybe because he will be 27 next year management sees a limited long term upside?

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2019 at 8:52 PM, Magicfan1987 said:

Bamba is the type of player that could be a super star without forcing a darn thing. He could play within the flow of an offense as a #2 or 3 scorer and be a complete stud. 

I think his outside shooting is much improved. With his length, I would love to see him develop a nice little repertoire of reliable shots around and in the post so that our team has a variety of ways to score when we are in our half-court offense.

I’m hearing that Dallas may offer Vooch a max, perhaps that is just posturing, but they feel that Vooch, Porzingis & Doncic would be a strong core. Is it just me or do you think these guys would get killed in small ball with athleticism, speed and length?  What does the board think?

8 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m hearing that Dallas may offer Vooch a max, perhaps that is just posturing, but they feel that Vooch, Porzingis & Doncic would be a strong core. Is it just me or do you think these guys would get killed in small ball with athleticism, speed and length?  What does the board think?

I'd love to see him in Dallas. Alongside those three youd probably have to have a couple Robereon types