Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

Getting a center that does the 3 things 4thewin mentioned well plus shooting is just someone that we won't be able to get, they barely exist, that's why Bamba is such a good prospect and I can't believe some people are talking about giving up on him.

Bamba is the type of player that could be a super star without forcing a darn thing. He could play within the flow of an offense as a #2 or 3 scorer and be a complete stud. 

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Bamba is the type of player that could be a super star without forcing a darn thing. He could play within the flow of an offense as a #2 or 3 scorer and be a complete stud. 

We need a PG that is really good at lobs to our 3 guys that can jump out of the gym. Hello Mr Fultz.

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

This offseason is about the salary cap.

1.  Who are the big money guys going to be moving forward.  The only one of the top 4 highest paid this year that we should want in the group is Gordon.  To me, that means Vuc AND Ross shouldn't be back.

2.  If the Braves are going to get an impact FA to be in that group, they will need to do it before Isaac and Fultz are looking for a new contracts.  That means this offseason, or next, is the only time to go shopping.  To me that means Fournier has got to go also.

3.  This team may be worse next year, but it could also be better if the kids step up.  Isaac isn't going to develop his handle hanging around the arc waiting on Vuc to throw it out.  Bamba won't get better sitting on the bench.    Put the ball in Fultz' and Gordon's hands to see what we've really got in those two.

4. Ideally there's an asset to be had for Fournier, but if we are going to watch Vuc and Ross leave for nothing, might as well trade Founier for Parsons and let he and Mosgove sit together on the bench while league minimum kids get a shot to impress.

5.  This all started with Gordon's contract descending in annual salary.  Last year they trimmed what they could.  That's got to continue this offseason.  

Do not see us getting into  FA much this year even if we do not resign both Ross and Vuc (too many teams with max FA money can outspend us).  If we are going to get a big time FA then next year should be the year when Mozgov and Augustine  contract go off the books and we have a team option on Fultz for 12.2 million so hopefully he plays next year (I think he will) so we know what to to do.  Combined with this year's money (as long we do not commit it long term) we would be in max FA money territory.  It also gives us another year to evaluate our young core to see where we should best spend that money.  If Fultz and B.I.G. really develop this year we may not need much.  Patience is a virtue and I anticipate the summer of 2020 will be huge.

12 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We need a PG that is really good at lobs to our 3 guys that can jump out of the gym. Hello Mr Fultz.

I know it's been grueling for you but these injuries to our young studs will pay dividends for our fan hearts lol

I honestly think we are going to draft really good player at 16 And likely with our 2nd round pick that will allow us to wait patiently in the free agency. We might just go with 1 year contracts in free agency and I will be ok with that. 

I dont see us signing Vuc and I am not certain how they feel in signing Ross to a multiyear deal.  Personally, I will be all for Ross but will not be upset if he also bails. 

16 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I honestly think we are going to draft really good player at 16 And likely with our 2nd round pick that will allow us to wait patiently in the free agency. We might just go with 1 year contracts in free agency and I will be ok with that. 

I dont see us signing Vuc and I am not certain how they feel in signing Ross to a multiyear deal.  Personally, I will be all for Ross but will not be upset if he also bails. 

I agree. Now that the season and playoffs have died down and I can prioritize the long term future, all I really care about is the development of FIG-B and I trust the front office so I have confidence in whatever move they make next

56 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Don't hate the messenger here but from what I have been hearing from a trusted source who has contacts within the organization is don't be surprised if Vuc and Birch are not back next year.  But who really knows what's going to happen.

I think almost everyone would be pleased if Vuc wasn’t here, and most would be fine with Birch leaving as long as we got a Javale McGee type player to replace him. Pretty good news if this is true 

58 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Don't hate the messenger here but from what I have been hearing from a trusted source who has contacts within the organization is don't be surprised if Vuc and Birch are not back next year.  But who really knows what's going to happen.

I think its unlikely if Vuc walks we also let Birch walk, leaving us with a center rotation of Bamba, and Mozgov and Mozgov will more than likely never play for us. Granted FA, but I don’t understand why we’d let Birch walk. 

3 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I think almost everyone would be pleased if Vuc wasn’t here, and most would be fine with Birch leaving as long as we got a Javale McGee type player to replace him. Pretty good news if this is true 

I guess we will see.  I just have grown to have faith in Welt/Ham.

• Upvote 1