Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, ~O~ said:

I've gotta say that last weekend was the best weekend for Television and Cinema in the history of this planet.  Avengers: Endgame and The Battle Winterfell(Game of Thrones).  Basketball is part of television!! Not off topic!  

How f'n good was that movie?

Tankathon has us taking NAW at 16 and Iggy Bradzekis at 46.  That would be a good draft. Both pretty good shooters (who should get better as a pro) and both good defenders with wingspan.  Also does not look like Michael Daum will be drafted.  Would love for the Magic to look at him and see if there is any fit at all (G league).  Just a basketball junkie who can rebound and shoot at 6'9".  May be too slow, can't defend, etc but I would take a look.  

2 hours ago, ~O~ said:

I've gotta say that last weekend was the best weekend for Television and Cinema in the history of this planet.  Avengers: Endgame and The Battle Winterfell(Game of Thrones).  Basketball is part of television!! Not off topic!  

Did not see the movie yet but watched the Golden State/Houston game.  Movie would be hard to beat the drama of that game.

43 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

How f'n good was that movie?

The best movie I've seen in a movie theater in my life.  I....by some miracle..was able to get tickets, in 3d, 4 hours before I watched it at Universal Citywalk. It was OPENING..DAY.  I even got the perfect seating in the theater for us.  It was...amazing..to watch in 3d.  Absolutely superb film.  The only people complaining about the film are people trying to make revenue off their "edgy" irrational dislike for shock value done solely for the purpose of attention to brand, e.g., slant magazine.  

The white walkers, after 8 seasons, finally came and the great battle of Winterfell as well as a dance of Dragons during winter..was amazing.  Game of thrones is cinema worthy with the budget their allowed for the show.  The quality is outstanding and I won't spoil the episode.  The episode..was filmed from what I remember.....55 days.  Am I allowed to complain?  Nope.  

This weekend..was amazing...a spectacle.  An absolute extravagance.  Never will forget this April.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Did not see the movie yet but watched the Golden State/Houston game.  Movie would be hard to beat the drama of that game.

No man.  Endgame's suspense was outstanding.  Especially in the last major scene.  It made a scene in age of ultron make even more sense. Infinity War was Superb.....extremely unexpected ending and movie of the year..eclipsing Black Panther..but I didn't expect Marvel to come out shooting nukes with Endgame. 

2 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

No man.  Endgame's suspense was outstanding.  Especially in the last major scene.  It made a scene in age of ultron make even more sense. 

Oscar worthy, but as you say, people like to discredit these movies and think that makes them smarter

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think it's ever going to be announced. He'll just end up on another team. 

Someone with these qualities:

-athletic

-good screener

-rim protection

Basically we want to create a style of play first to get everyone used to playing a specific way then incorporate Bamba into that when he's capable (which could be day 1 or never). 

At some point something will be announced by someone, even if it’s the announcement that he’s going to be on a different team.  Do you agree that will probably occur in July?

And the criteria you list above don’t include anything about offense at all.  By those criteria, Biyombo would actually be a very good choice, other than his salary.  Is that intentional?  Or should our 5 be able to shoot the three at all?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

At some point something will be announced by someone, even if it’s the announcement that he’s going to be on a different team.  Do you agree that will probably occur in July?

And the criteria you list above don’t include anything about offense at all.  By those criteria, Biyombo would actually be a very good choice, other than his salary.  Is that intentional?  Or should our 5 be able to shoot the three at all?

The guy still needs to have a baseline level of skill. 

I don't care about a temporary center's upside or shooting. Dedmon would work. Nerlens Noel would probably be ideal. Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan, JaVale McGee. Birch might be fine tbh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I never really followed the Avengers, but I decided to record the first two to see what the big deal is because they came on SciFi recently. I'm watching the first and I'm near the end and they never really explained how Banner was able to start controlling the Hulk all of a sudden. He hasn't been able to do it for years and now suddenly he just can?

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

I never really followed the Avengers, but I decided to record the first two to see what the big deal is because they came on SciFi recently. I'm watching the first and I'm near the end and they never really explained how Banner was able to start controlling the Hulk all of a sudden. He hasn't been able to do it for years and now suddenly he just can?

Watch "The Incredible Hulk" with Edward Norton as Banner - it gives you some idea about the change in the Hulk and why he continues to evolve. 

Getting a center that does the 3 things 4thewin mentioned well plus shooting is just someone that we won't be able to get, they barely exist, that's why Bamba is such a good prospect and I can't believe some people are talking about giving up on him.

This offseason is about the salary cap.

1.  Who are the big money guys going to be moving forward.  The only one of the top 4 highest paid this year that we should want in the group is Gordon.  To me, that means Vuc AND Ross shouldn't be back.

2.  If the Braves are going to get an impact FA to be in that group, they will need to do it before Isaac and Fultz are looking for a new contracts.  That means this offseason, or next, is the only time to go shopping.  To me that means Fournier has got to go also.

3.  This team may be worse next year, but it could also be better if the kids step up.  Isaac isn't going to develop his handle hanging around the arc waiting on Vuc to throw it out.  Bamba won't get better sitting on the bench.    Put the ball in Fultz' and Gordon's hands to see what we've really got in those two.

4. Ideally there's an asset to be had for Fournier, but if we are going to watch Vuc and Ross leave for nothing, might as well trade Founier for Parsons and let he and Mosgove sit together on the bench while league minimum kids get a shot to impress.

5.  This all started with Gordon's contract descending in annual salary.  Last year they trimmed what they could.  That's got to continue this offseason.  

Edited by Wilbur
Spelling