Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

T Ross in his exit interview said that he is gonna see what Vooch does and then that will help with what he is doing... hmmm or not?

57 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

T Ross in his exit interview said that he is gonna see what Vooch does and then that will help with what he is doing... hmmm or not?

I find it very interesting, as it could be taken either way. Either

1) We didn't realize that TRoss and Vooch were close friends. We all know that Vooch and Fournier are buddies, just didn't think Ross was too. I would hate to lose TRoss, but not as much as I would hate to overpay both he and Vooch to keep them. 

Or,

2) Does TRoss see what we do, and thinks that if we re-sign Vooch to a big contract after his disappearance in the playoffs, it means we aren't serious about making the necessary (tough) moves to continue to improve?

Of course, it could be more of a commentary on watching how we negotiate with Vooch; do we treat him with respect/honesty, do we deliberately low-ball him so he walks, etc. 

Edited by jmmagicfan

58 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm taking that to mean he understands that figuring out what to do with Vuc is priority #1 for the FO. Ross knows his potential offer will be at least in part determined by how much we do/don't offer Vuc.

Just now, Soul Bro said:

Is this verified?

I checked and he doesn't follow us... Not sure if he ever did.. to be honest it don't mean much

If that is true, then I believe TRoss will be forcing us to move on from both of them, which will be disappointing. I really wanted TRoss back. I understand that these guys really like each other and want to be teammates, but we will never get out of our bad cap situation, and be a team that can sign a skill player or two in free agency, if we continue to agree to bad contracts. 

24 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm only interested in players that want to be here so we shall see what happens. It's gonna be a interesting summer. 

As a Magic fan since the beginning (Yes, I was fortunate to be able to go to game 1 :-) ), I will never get used to feeling like a groom being left at the alter when a player I have come to love gives us the boot.