Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

41 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

JJ Is playing the best basketball of his career. 

You have to remember he didn’t play over 20 minutes a game until his 4th year in the nba. He eats clean and takes incredibly good care of his body. He will still be playing really good basketball for 2-3 more years easy. 

Don't get me wrong all of the guys listed would be fine it just doesn't make sense to sign JJ when Ross is 6 years younger and provides relatively equal production.

15 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Relying on development of the youngsters like Isaac, Gordon, fultz and bamba, a pick and a fa while setting you up with financial flexibility for the future is by far the best we can do 

the goal is not to be a perennial 8th seed. The goal is to build a real contender. You will not get that if you keep starting Fournier or pay vucevic long term crazy money 

We've completely revamped our player personnel and development staff. I'm confident they can help our guys reach their potential

14 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Fournier doesn't come off the books next summer. He has a player option for 2020/21, there is no way he would turn down a guaranteed 17 million

You are correct, my error. I didn't realize he still had a player option for 20/21. 

28 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

fwiw

I'm not sure I'm happy with harkless and the 25th pick for Fournier. 

Probably a smart move not taking that deal. 

Just now, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I was guessing Evan Turner...I would have passed on both

I figured it'd be Turner. 

Kyler insists it's harkless even though that deal doesn't work under the cap and would have needed to be something like harkless, Baldwin, and stauskas for Fournier with us waiving two players to make the deal work. You waive Grant, sure. But I'm not sure I'd waive Frazier today just to get off fournier (and sacrifice the playoffs) 

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I would have taken turner. At least he can dribble. Lol

That would be a bad move. Fournier is flawed but he's a flawed player that still got us a pretty efficient 16ppg on that winning streak. 

Replacing him with a flawed 6 ppg player and a draft pick we don't have room for isn't the answer. 

I've long been intrigued by a trade centered on Russell and Aaron Gordon, but Russell doesn't quite fit the Jeff Weltman/John Hammond player type. Zach Lowe

LOOOOL he is not thinking straight.