Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Of course it's only one game but after a year with Cliff I think this team will be fine without Vuch from what I saw against the desperate hornets, and one can argue we played better/ showed more fight when Vuch was on the bench against the raptors.

I don't see Fournier going anywhere, and I hope to keep Ross it seems like he likes it here and at times tried to recruit people here. It's one thing to have a person who can knock down open shots, but when a player who can hit them even when heavily contested I think that's hard to find.

Im excited for next season, and feel like our success will be on how good Bamba, Fultz, Issac and Gordon can be for us. Especially Fultz!!! Plus I hope we bring briscoe back, props to MCW for what he did but I feel having briscoe in that series would've been way better.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I want to let Vooch walk but will understand if they bring him back on a large but short deal. Meanwhile, I think we can upgrade from Ross. 4/56 million seems way too steep to me.

I don't necessarily think he'll get the full amount. That's just what we can offer. 

But who would be an upgrade?

He was the 9th best spot up guy in the NBA last year. 

If you expand that list to the top 50 spot up guys this year, guys who can score double figures regularly, and guys who happen to be free agents this year you get Ross, Danny Green, brogdon, bojan bogdanovic. 

Brogdon is a RFA. bogdanovic is probably going to stay in Indiana. 

Is Danny Green going to come here and play off of the bench?

Are we going to be happy saving money by getting Nick stauskas but also getting a quarter of the production?

Other than his poor performance in the playoffs does Vooch still fit what we are trying to do? If not, then we need to move on. If so, there is always a chance he will improve when we are there next year. For me, ideally, Bamba would end up adding some weight and developing and be our starting center anyway.

Barton got 4/53. Smart got 4/52. Bradley got 2/25. Tyreke Evans got 1/12.4. KCP got 1/12. Iguodala got 3/48. James Johnson got 3/43. Joe Ingles got 4/52. Dion waiters got 4/52. Patty Mills got 4/50. Tony Snell got 4/46. Eric Gordon got 4/53. Courtney Lee got 4/48. 

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't necessarily think he'll get the full amount. That's just what we can offer. 

If you expand that list to the top 50 spot up guys this year, guys who can score double figures regularly, and guys who happen to be free agents this year you get Ross, Danny Green, brogdon, bojan bogdanovic. 

Are we going to be happy saving money by getting Nick stauskas but also getting a quarter of the production?

I think the lowest we can go is probably 4/50- and that seems unlikely.

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Barton got 4/53. Smart got 4/52. Bradley got 2/25. Tyreke Evans got 1/12.4. KCP got 1/12. Iguodala got 3/48. James Johnson got 3/43. Joe Ingles got 4/52. Dion waiters got 4/52. Patty Mills got 4/50. Tony Snell got 4/46. Eric Gordon got 4/53. Courtney Lee got 4/48. 

so it will probably be 4/46-52 which is fine i think 

I think my ideal scenario is 3 years 40.8 with that third year a team option or only guaranteed for 4 million or something like that. Give us an option to clear cap space during the summer of 2021 when Fultz and Isaac are RFAs, Gordon and Bamba are on their last years, Fournier expires, etc. That's going to be a big decision summer. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

With the alternatives, I'm very certain we will pay Ross. 

Vuc on a short deal makes sense. I don't think he will take it though. He did terribly against Gasol but honestly you can never guarantee money in the NBA like you can after being an All-Star, even if you falter in the playoffs. He could get hurt next season. He'll get offered a 4/80 deal I think by someone, of which he will take. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Some of these deals really haven't aged well at all. A few agents earned their money.

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I have to agree, though I think we may have Augustin in the starting rotation for the beginning of the year, and move to Fultz as he becomes more comfortable with the team/coaching staff. Assuming he recovers, of course. 

Has anybody heard any updates on Fultz's progression? I have a gut feeling that he is going to come back and be ready to start after camp. 

4 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Relying on 28 mil to replace 3 of our top 5 best offensive guys is not ideal. In fact it's probably a terrible idea. 

Relying on development of the youngsters like Isaac, Gordon, fultz and bamba, a pick and a fa while setting you up with financial flexibility for the future is by far the best we can do 

the goal is not to be a perennial 8th seed. The goal is to build a real contender. You will not get that if you keep starting Fournier or pay vucevic long term crazy money 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I want to let Vooch walk but will understand if they bring him back on a large but short deal. Meanwhile, I think we can upgrade from Ross. 4/56 million seems way too steep to me.

Who do you suggest?