Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

To not set myself up for dissapointment I have concluded that unless Vuc gets a crazy offer from someone else he is likely going to be back.  I have never wanted to be more wrong!

I don’t think it is inconceivable that someone overpays. There are plenty of bad teams with bad owners/management who have cash to burn.

just look at what we did with Biyombo

9 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I don’t think it is inconceivable that someone overpays. There are plenty of bad teams with bad owners/management who have cash to burn.

just look at what we did with Biyombo

Sacramento and Vlade Divac.

• Upvote 1

I would keep Vuc and Ross if the price is reasonable. Despite the playoff performance we needed them to get to the playoff. Fournier needs to go though. He can't make shots and is a huge liability on defense.

We need to sign a real scorer if we want to go further in the playoff, or hope that Fultz turn out to be a star.

• Upvote 1

I think this is the most likely scenario for next year

Fultz-fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba

Augustin-Ross-iwundu-Martin-Birch

MCW or briscoe-bench shooter who won't get pissed about being inactive like Troy Daniels- whoever we pick at 16-another tweener forward-Mozgov or another big center if Mozgov is done. 

Don't see a big move out there with most of our rotation already in place. 

Don't see us moving Fournier this summer. Doesn't make sense to move him with our pick just so we can replace him with Caldwell-Pope or Rodney Hood. Might as well let that play out. 

I'm hoping for Vuc to get an offer he can't refuse from somewhere else. One that is far enough away from what we are willing to offer that it just makes sense for both sides to shake hands and move on.

From there, yeah I'd love to somehow trade Fournier and get a talented young SG back, but I highly doubt that happens. Instead, I'll hang my hope on Fournier being much less annoying and inefficient with buddy ball being broken up. I can't take another year of the EF/Vuc PnR and watching Evan constantly over dribble and turn the ball over. He has shown at times that he is willing to play within the flow of the offense - and he's much better when he does.

I'm kind of surprised that Cliff hasn't reigned in his long spells of over-playing and trying to be a hero. Hopefully, if Vuc is gone, EF can center his offense more around cutting/spotting up and far less ball handling since Vuc is no longer around for him to dribble circles around. A healthy Fultz would obviously help take the ball handling burden off him. Really need Cliff to continue to work with him on playing to his strengths and not playing outside of himself so often.

Vuc - I would be okay with a big 1+1 deal that allows him to go back into the market next summer is this year wasn't a fluke. He was annihilated this series but we don't make the playoffs without him. If he gets a bigger offer somewhere else you have to let him go.

AG - He answered the call this series. I'm not sure what ceiling is left for him at 23 but we absolutely need to keep him.

Isaac - He has 102 games under his belt. This series was awful for him but he still shows signs of being an excellent two way player.

Fournier - I think we keep him as we transition to Fultz. He is asked to do too much for his limitations right now but he could be a 40% 3pt shooter with better PG play. 

DJ - Game 1 was amazing. They erased him after that. He will be valuable to have during the Fultz transition. He raises our floor but lowers our ceiling as a starter. 

Bamba - Some really nice flashes during overall bad play. Rookie Cs are bad, especially when they are physically overmatched.  We may have to sink or swim with him if Vuc moves on. 

Birch - If Vuc stays he will probably move on, because he has proven he belongs in the NBA and can contribute.

Martin - Probably not back 

Ross - He is a better fit for a modern NBA roster than Vuc. 6th man role is perfect for him, he isn't a starter. Hope he comes back but we can't break the bank for him. 

Iwundu - Love what he brings. Shot improved this year. 

Frazier - He is blocked for now but hopefully he keeps improving. Can't have enough of his type of player. 

MCW - He shot 34% and 16% from 3. If he plays for us next year it's because something went wrong with Fultz. Would rather bring back Briscoe. 

Fultz - Please be good. Please please please be good. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Vuc - I would be okay with a big 1+1 deal that allows him to go back into the market next summer is this year wasn't a fluke. He was annihilated this series but we don't make the playoffs without him. If he gets a bigger offer somewhere else you have to let him go.

AG - He answered the call this series. I'm not sure what ceiling is left for him at 23 but we absolutely need to keep him.

Isaac - He has 102 games under his belt. This series was awful for him but he still shows signs of being an excellent two way player.

Fournier - I think we keep him as we transition to Fultz. He is asked to do too much for his limitations right now but he could be a 40% 3pt shooter with better PG play. 

DJ - Game 1 was amazing. They erased him after that. He will be valuable to have during the Fultz transition. He raises our floor but lowers our ceiling as a starter. 

Bamba - Some really nice flashes during overall bad play. Rookie Cs are bad, especially when they are physically overmatched.  We may have to sink or swim with him if Vuc moves on. 

Birch - If Vuc stays he will probably move on, because he has proven he belongs in the NBA and can contribute.

Martin - Probably not back 

Ross - He is a better fit for a modern NBA roster than Vuc. 6th man role is perfect for him, he isn't a starter. Hope he comes back but we can't break the bank for him. 

Iwundu - Love what he brings. Shot improved this year. 

Frazier - He is blocked for now but hopefully he keeps improving. Can't have enough of his type of player. 

MCW - He shot 34% and 16% from 3. If he plays for us next year it's because something went wrong with Fultz. Would rather bring back Briscoe. 

Fultz - Please be good. Please please please be good. 

That’s is a pretty sound analysis, although I sure would like to get a better look at Martin and have some concerns on Bamba based on chatter. We are probably stuck with Fournier through his contract. I’d love to get Beal here, but highly unlikely. 

1 minute ago, Magicpassion said:

That’s is a pretty sound analysis, although I sure would like to get a better look at Martin and have some concerns on Bamba based on chatter. We are probably stuck with Fournier through his contract. I’d love to get Beal here, but highly unlikely. 

Rather bring back Martin over Vuc. He speeds up our game and increases intensity. 

• Downvote 1

I want to let Vooch walk but will understand if they bring him back on a large but short deal. Meanwhile, I think we can upgrade from Ross. 4/56 million seems way too steep to me.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I think this is the most likely scenario for next year

Fultz-fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba

Augustin-Ross-iwundu-Martin-Birch

MCW or briscoe-bench shooter who won't get pissed about being inactive like Troy Daniels- whoever we pick at 16-another tweener forward-Mozgov or another big center if Mozgov is done. 

Don't see a big move out there with most of our rotation already in place. 

Don't see us moving Fournier this summer. Doesn't make sense to move him with our pick just so we can replace him with Caldwell-Pope or Rodney Hood. Might as well let that play out. 

I have to agree, though I think we may have Augustin in the starting rotation for the beginning of the year, and move to Fultz as he becomes more comfortable with the team/coaching staff. Assuming he recovers, of course.