Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I dunno. Robbins is pretty plugged in and suggested the Bamba trade rumors were funny because we love him. 

I know nothing. Bamba might never get better. But Fultz and him have been attached at the hip and every time the camera got near the bench this year he was talking or joking with somebody. So I'm a little skeptical about that. 

But who's your source?

Yea it's hard to discount this information without knowing the source but I don't believe that Bamba is not interested in basketball considering the work he put in predraft. He could have probably done half to two thirds of that work and been a top 8 draft pick.

Also you've mentioned his strong relationship with Fultz but I've also read in the past that Isaac is one of his best friend's on the team also. That's two of our theoretical core he's integrated with. If some of his other team mates don't love him I'm not sure I care because how many of them will be here 3 years from now?

If Bamba doesn't like basketball that much, he should become a politician. His pre-draft interviews made it look like he wanted to be the next Hakeem Olajuwon

--

And please, for the love of God, let these kids grow with heavy minutes. Isaac and Gordon have exciting potential, but they're still raw as hell and need reps and responsibility. I can't stress this enough

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

If Bamba doesn't like basketball that much, he should become a politician. His pre-draft interviews made it look like he wanted to be the next Hakeem Olajuwon

--

And please, for the love of God, let these kids grow with heavy minutes. Isaac and Gordon have exciting potential, but they're still raw as hell and need reps and responsibility. I can't stress this enough

Bamba will be just fine.  But you are correct all of them need minutes in games and put in situations to expand there games.  But the coach has to buy in to this philosophy to make it work because young players will make mistakes.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Was that report about Jrue Holiday bring an off season target for Orlando credible? 

You got a link?

1 minute ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

How would that make any sense for our team now and moving forward?

Can play two guard homie. Actually better at it. That precisely how it makes sense.