Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

INSIDER INFORMATION:

A) Vuc is very well-liked amongst Magic management and teammates. While Vuc was seen as potentially too pricey to keep, it has been known that Vuc wants to stay (his family has become very rooted in Orlando). Not only does his price go down with this playoff series, but it is thought that he would choose us over any team should the price be relatively the same. He isn’t seen as a star, but one of the most consistent big men in the NBA - which has value on a budding young team. 

B) Magic are also willing to shell out more cash for Vuc to continue to be our center of the present and near future because Mo Bamba is still under review, not because of his skill set, but because of his attitude. While there have certainly been quiet, more reserved stars (think Tim Duncan), Mo is rumored to - as was noted in his draft combine - have little natural interest in basketball and even more so, doesn’t mesh well with other teammates. This was so much so that he was even considered to be shopped around before the trade deadline. 

So if we do indeed sign Vuc, it is expected to be a friendly deal, and if not very much so, then it will be due to managements insecurity about handing the reigns to Bamba and what he brings to the locker room. 

I find part B) to be fascinating. My source is very reliable. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We have our core. We need that core to get better. 

I think this is important to identify. Do you want to have enough money available to sign our good players as they mature into great players. Stretch signing a 28-year-old   Might be good now, but it limits the development of other players who could become even better,  and will therefore tie us up so that we cannot pay those players when they inevitably become great. 

I think Jonathan Isaac is a prime example of this. 

5 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

INSIDER INFORMATION:

A) Vuc is very well-liked amongst Magic management and teammates. While Vuc was seen as potentially too pricey to keep, it has been known that Vuc wants to stay (his family has become very rooted in Orlando). Not only does his price go down with this playoff series, but it is thought that he would choose us over any team should the price be relatively the same. He isn’t seen as a star, but one of the most consistent big men in the NBA - which has value on a budding young team. 

B) Magic are also willing to shell out more cash for Vuc to continue to be our center of the present and near future because Mo Bamba is still under review, not because of his skill set, but because of his attitude. While there have certainly been quiet, more reserved stars (think Tim Duncan), Mo is rumored to - as was noted in his draft combine - have little natural interest in basketball and even more so, doesn’t mesh well with other teammates. This was so much so that he was even considered to be shopped around before the trade deadline. 

So if we do indeed sign Vuc, it is expected to be a friendly deal, and if not very much so, then it will be due to managements insecurity about handing the reigns to Bamba and what he brings to the locker room. 

I dunno. Robbins is pretty plugged in and suggested the Bamba trade rumors were funny because we love him. 

I know nothing. Bamba might never get better. But Fultz and him have been attached at the hip and every time the camera got near the bench this year he was talking or joking with somebody. So I'm a little skeptical about that. 

But who's your source?

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think this is important to identify. Do you want to have enough money available to sign our good players as they mature into great players. Stretch signing a 28-year-old   Might be good now, but it limits the development of other players who could become even better,  and will therefore tie us up so that we cannot pay those players when they inevitably become great. 

I think Jonathan Isaac is a prime example of this. 

I think JI has the most upside.

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I dunno. Robbins is pretty plugged in and suggested the Bamba trade rumors were funny because we love him. 

I know nothing. Bamba might never get better. But Fultz and him have been attached at the hip and every time the camera got near the bench this year he was talking or joking with somebody. So I'm a little skeptical about that. 

But who's your source?

You know a man can never reveal his sources. Lol

Here’s the thing: Bamba is still a young kid. I believe he definitely can still grow. However, I know plenty of people whom I was went along with on the sidelines whom I didn’t enjoy in the locker room or in my personal life. 

From my source, Bamba had two in-team suspensions for disciplinary reasons at the beginning of the season. While it’s gottem better, it’s still not stellar. Again - with that being said - he’s only 20 years old, and Lord knows I grew a lot from 20 to 25 or so. 

One guy the Magic could potentially flip Fournier for--Gary Harris. He's inked a long-term deal recently but hasn't quite performed to the degree he was expected to. Denver is going to be incredibly capped out soon when they'll have to pay Jamal Murray. I could see something like Fournier + a first along with either Mozgov or Augstin's expiring deal as feasible--would probably have to take back a bad deal though (Will Barton most likely).

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

But who's your source?

Also remember the Magic - generally speaking - have a really good team culture, with Steve Clifford as a great leader. Every person is given a chance and the benefit of the doubt. 

Believe me - I’m skeptical too. 

6 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

One guy the Magic could potentially flip Fournier for--Gary Harris. He's inked a long-term deal recently but hasn't quite performed to the degree he was expected to. Denver is going to be incredibly capped out soon when they'll have to pay Jamal Murray. I could see something like Fournier + a first along with either Mozgov or Augstin's expiring deal as feasible--would probably have to take back a bad deal though (Will Barton most likely).

I agree that Harris would be a target but I don't see how giving them Fournier helps. Maybe a third team to get Denver an expiring 

56 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

What’s his consensus on it?

Was hoping someone on the forum could get into it as you have to pay for access.

48 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

INSIDER INFORMATION:

So it Starts.....

Better start preparing for Vuch to come back!  

As much as it pains us.

1 hour ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Interesting, but you’re right, they’re not gonna keep Beasley, Craig and Harris and Gary costs a lot. He’d be great here too... great defender and beautiful jump shot