Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

I think we're all ready to talk about the future.

Management now has multiple reasons on why they can let Vucevic walk but Fournier's a much bigger issue. Only way we can be rid of him is probably for an average player on a heavily capped out team that fits a need of ours (Jeff Teague, etc).

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I wonder how much of a chance we really have of letting them walk and using that space to lure two top tier guys to team up of the guys hitting the market

I'll do the math later but there's no realistic scenario we get two max spots. 

There's an unlikely but possible way we get to 1. 2 is basically impossible without trading everyone that's not Gordon, Isaac, Bamba, Fultz while taking back no salary in return

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'll do the math later but there's no realistic scenario we get two max spots. 

There's an unlikely but possible way we get to 1. 2 is basically impossible without trading everyone that's not Gordon, Isaac, Bamba, Fultz while taking back no salary in return

We may not have room for what other teams will pay for certain guys but I’d think we’d have a shot at luring somebody even if we bring back Vuc. Man I wish mozgov’s contract expired this year 

1 minute ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

We may not have room for what other teams will pay for certain guys but I’d think we’d have a shot at luring somebody even if we bring back Vuc. Man I wish mozgov’s contract expired this year 

If we bring back vucevic and let everyone else expire we're probably looking at the 9 million MLE to offer free agents

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If we bring back vucevic and let everyone else expire we're probably looking at the 9 million MLE to offer free agents

That’s a scary thought moving forward. We’re still a long ways off from seriously competing 

5 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

That’s a scary thought moving forward. We’re still a long ways off from seriously competing 

We have our core. We need that core to get better.