Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd at 7 P.M.

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Gasol was worst matchup for Vuc for that reason but Embiid is not Vuc.  Embiid much faster and more physical thna Vuc.  Gasol about to face a real All Star now that he cannot handle.  Siakim's offense will struggle if he has to play and defend Simmons outside and down low.  Harris will pull Leonard outside opening up the middle.  JJ will light up Green soemthing Augustine could not do.  And Butler will post up Lowry and when doulbe teams come Butler will make Toronto pay big time.  

Hate to break it to you but Gasol has owned embiid so far in his career and nobody struggles to defend Simmons on the outside because he hasn't attempted a shot outside of the paint in months. 

41 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

People saying Vuc is an all star and we can’t let him walk need to realize he most likely will never make an all star game again. He’s always been a fringe all star type but finally had slightly better numbers to get him in. 

Its not like we’re letting a perennial all star leave town. This isn’t like other times. 

I honestly feel our management will chalk it up as a young teams growing pains and resign Vuch.  I don't believe he'll ever be an all star again either, however its not me you've got to convince.  We are not known for making great decisions.

I hope I'm wrong.  It would truly mark the era of having a legitimate Gm and not a corporate Do Boy.  ( Looking at you Martins) 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Hate to break it to you but Gasol has owned embiid so far in his career and nobody struggles to defend Simmons on the outside because he hasn't attempted a shot outside of the paint in months. 

Ouside for Simmons is wrong but he is load down low  (points rebounds, FT;s) that Siakim will have to use a lot of energy on.  Gasol has not played Embiid in the playoffs so we will see if he can be effective in just containing him because owning him is not a term I would use.   I say Embiid wins that battle in  points, rebounds, and on the free throw line. 

16 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Ouside for Simmons is wrong but he is load down low  (points rebounds, FT;s) that Siakim will have to use a lot of energy on.  Gasol has not played Embiid in the playoffs so we will see if he can be effective in just containing him because owning him is not a term I would use.   I say Embiid wins that battle in  points, rebounds, and on the free throw line. 

Embiid has never scored more than 15 points or had a fg% higher than 40% against Gasol in his career. 

4 hours ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I agree but Toronto made us look like a scrub team other than game 1. Their D is beyond suffocating 

I know, right? Sometimes, I was like is it 6 against 5? Not happy to see us outplayed, but those guys were bringing it! I don't re-watch the games, but I would be curious to see how they did it. The emotion in me wants to say they got away with something that the refs won't call on every play, but the real answer is they are probably well coached. They take good angles and understand where we were trying to go with the ball. I believe this series will really help our guys grow and we will see some of our guys take another step next year. I realize we are not a finished product and hopefully we can add someone decent somehow. I am still excited about our team and the direction we are headed.

7 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

I know, right? Sometimes, I was like is it 6 against 5? Not happy to see us outplayed, but those guys were bringing it! I don't re-watch the games, but I would be curious to see how they did it. The emotion in me wants to say they got away with something that the refs won't call on every play, but the real answer is they are probably well coached. They take good angles and understand where we were trying to go with the ball. I believe this series will really help our guys grow and we will see some of our guys take another step next year. I realize we are not a finished product and hopefully we can add someone decent somehow. I am still excited about our team and the direction we are headed.

I think there were some questionable calls in game 4 and 5 that went against us. Ibaka and Gasol got away with moving screens all series long, but they finally called a few last night. Too bad we were so awful that it didn't matter

18 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

I was going to say the opposite on matchups.  Lowry on Fournier worked but Lowry on Reddick will not work as well.  Toronto has no answer for Embiid.  Leonard vs Harris will be fun to watch and something we did not see in the regular season.  Butler vs Siakim a slight Philly edge and Green vs Simmons a heavy Philly edge (unless Leonard guards Simmons which will give Philly an edge elsewhere).  Toronto's bench an edge, Philly's starters an edge.  Good series coming our way.

Harris cannot guard Leonard, period.  In my opinion Gordon is a superior defender than Harris, and Kawhi scored at will even when we put 2 defenders on him most of the time. (27.8ppg, 7rpg, 55.6% in the series) Kawhi will destroy anybody Philly puts on him. 

Gasol is a great defender with a lot more playoff experiences than Embiid. Another issue with Philly is that Simmon is not a threat outside the arc while all Raptors starters can shoot 3. As long as Raptors do not turn the ball over Simmons will be useless on offense.

The team with the best player on the court usually win the series, and Raptors has the best player in this series. 

Raptors in six.

13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Embiid has never scored more than 15 points or had a fg% higher than 40% against Gasol in his career. 

But Embiid, as all AllStar players do, finds other ways to contribute and make an impact especially in rebounding and high number of free throws.  I thought Gasol got the benefit of the doubt (got away with) fouls against us.  Don't think that will happen vs Philly.  Toronto did well on the boards against us, now they go against Philly, #3 rebounding team in the NBA.  How Toronto rebounds and controls the rebounding of Embiid, Simmons, and Harris may be the key story of this series.  

4 hours ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I think there were some questionable calls in game 4 and 5 that went against us. Ibaka and Gasol got away with moving screens all series long, but they finally called a few last night. Too bad we were so awful that it didn't matter

Yeah, I still can't believe how inconsistent the refs are. All I ask is they call things both ways, but it seemed to me when we were physical they called it, but when the Raptors were they swallowed their whistle. That said, we didn't play well enough to win the series. Disappointed, but I understand. They should be proud of their effort. Nothing wrong by getting beat by a better team. Now is the fun time. How can we improve individually and as a team, so that we can make the playoffs again next year.