Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd at 7 P.M.

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

A lineup like Butler, Harris, Embiid, Redick and Simmons is not a lineup that Toronto will enjoy defending and is a lineup that will defend Toronto better than we did.  Should be a good series but Philly starters definitely > Toronto starters.  Toronto depth may be better.

I agree but Toronto made us look like a scrub team other than game 1. Their D is beyond suffocating 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm saying teams were offering the equivalent of that OKC pick for vucevic. 

With two picks in this draft and 6 young players on the roster (7 if we bring back briscoe) those picks start to have diminishing value. 

You are probably right because other teams saw Vuc's real value....lol.  I hope we bring back Briscoe (and he is healthy).  I like what he did.  Future is bright if Fultz is healthy and Briscoe is the backup.  But I like having assets that you can trade too.

2 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I agree but Toronto made us look like a scrub team other than game 1. Their D is beyond suffocating 

Their defense is really good. But we missed a ton of open shots.

47 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

So, if  the rumors that we heard at the trade deadline were true  and we could have traded Vucevic and Ross and gotten something in return (like picks) but then we would not have  made the playoffs.  Was making the playoffs (assuming we do not resign both)  worth not getting anything in return?   I am of the opinion that no it was not, that we should have traded them and looked at our future.    Yeah it was fun to watch but I still see this as a management miscalculation, a management blunder.  Vuc should be gone meaning we get nothing in return and I could see a contender giving Ross a one or two year deal worth some bucks (and we get nothing for him if that happens)  Ross had no open looks for us (Toronto did a great defensive job against him) but how many open looks would he have had against us.  And please, do not say we get $22 million in salary relief because if we did not mortgage our future for the playoffs we could have had that relief plus picks.  What we are left with is resigning both or getting nothing in return for who we do not resign.  Neither one is a particular good option.  

Eh you dont know what was offered for vuc and Ross. It's very reasonable that it wasnt worth more than the playoff experience and development if our young guys. Telling the guys there's a new floor for the team is a pretty big deal imo

33 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Did Jeff Turner actually just compare the 93-94 team to this team?  SMH.  I really hope we find a different color man for next year.

Agree.  Turner is awful.

Real POSITIVE note here is that next year and for years to come Magic basketball is back. The excitement is back. Confident we make the necessary moves and adjustments to improve the team. Unlike the past 6 years there is PLENTY to look forward to!