Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd at 7 P.M.

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It was totally worth it. 

I'd totally trade what was ostensibly the OKC pick we just dumped for playoff experience. 

We learned so much and it's going to do wonders for Gordon and Isaac's development. 

We disagree but Time will tell.  We did  potentially trade more than just the OKC pick for that playoff experience, we also traded whatever we could have received in return for Ross and Vuc as well.  I just do not like letting a player just walk for nothing in return.  The playoff experience could turn out to be a great thing, I like this management group and our young team.  But I would have preferred two more picks (which I would have demanded for Vuc and Ross) for our future rather than the playoffs this year.  I think we are close, and if Fultz is healthy, starting next year, of being a playoff team every year.  

People saying Vuc is an all star and we can’t let him walk need to realize he most likely will never make an all star game again. He’s always been a fringe all star type but finally had slightly better numbers to get him in. 

Its not like we’re letting a perennial all star leave town. This isn’t like other times. 

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

We disagree but Time will tell.  We did  potentially trade more than just the OKC pick for that playoff experience, we also traded whatever we could have received in return for Ross and Vuc as well.  I just do not like letting a player just walk for nothing in return.  The playoff experience could turn out to be a great thing, I like this management group and our young team.  But I would have preferred two more picks (which I would have demanded for Vuc and Ross) for our future rather than the playoffs this year.  I think we are close, and if Fultz is healthy, starting next year, of being a playoff team every year.  

I'm saying teams were offering the equivalent of that OKC pick for vucevic. 

With two picks in this draft and 6 young players on the roster (7 if we bring back briscoe) those picks start to have diminishing value. 

I got my money. I got my $$$$$$ for calling the 4 straight Magic losses and them failing to reach 100 points in all of them. It got pretty close there at the end. They wound up with 96 points! But enough about me. I am never one for self promotion here. The focus needs to be on the Magic basketball team and what they can do to get better next year and beyond.

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

Maybe not but they are still better than philly. They are really good this year and have no lebron to go through 

A lineup like Butler, Harris, Embiid, Redick and Simmons is not a lineup that Toronto will enjoy defending and is a lineup that will defend Toronto better than we did.  Should be a good series but Philly starters definitely > Toronto starters.  Toronto depth may be better.

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

A lineup like Butler, Harris, Embiid, Redick and Simmons is not a lineup that Toronto will enjoy defending and is a lineup that will defend Toronto better than we did.  Should be a good series but Philly starters definitely > Toronto starters.  Toronto depth may be better.

Toronto is going to torch Philly. Everyone on Toronto is the worst possible matchup for their counterpart on Philly.