Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd at 7 P.M.

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

So, if  the rumors that we heard at the trade deadline were true  and we could have traded Vucevic and Ross and gotten something in return (like picks) but then we would not have  made the playoffs.  Was making the playoffs (assuming we do not resign both)  worth not getting anything in return?   I am of the opinion that no it was not, that we should have traded them and looked at our future.    Yeah it was fun to watch but I still see this as a management miscalculation, a management blunder.  Vuc should be gone meaning we get nothing in return and I could see a contender giving Ross a one or two year deal worth some bucks (and we get nothing for him if that happens)  Ross had no open looks for us (Toronto did a great defensive job against him) but how many open looks would he have had against us.  And please, do not say we get $22 million in salary relief because if we did not mortgage our future for the playoffs we could have had that relief plus picks.  What we are left with is resigning both or getting nothing in return for who we do not resign.  Neither one is a particular good option.  

It was totally worth it. 

I'd totally trade what was ostensibly the OKC pick we just dumped for playoff experience. 

We learned so much and it's going to do wonders for Gordon and Isaac's development. 

13 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I disagree completely. Toronto will not lose a 7 game series to anybody in the east if they hit 3s like this. Way too much defensive talent and scoring 

They will not hit 3's like that because they will play teams that will not allow them open looks.  Our defense was terrible and they will not hit 35 foot 3's very often either.  They will struggle against Philly.

2 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Time will tell.

Like I said we will see what Waltham's made of after this offseason. Does he take the easy way out or does he do what we all know what needs to be done.

Do you agree?

I think they earned the benefit of the doubt. I don't think they're dumb. 

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

;)

Life is too short to watch Jerian Grant play basketball

Stop! You did it to me again Mauro. Just too funny. I needed the laugh.  :)

Jerian is so funny. He put on that headband toward the end of the regular season, waiting to say, "put me in coach". I died laughing when I first saw him sitting on the bench with that headband on.

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That would be a HUGE sigh of relief considering our last few GMs.  Now if we can only rid ourselves of Martins!

If we decide to re-sign Vuch and deem Fournier a core piece I'm done with Weltham as well...

8 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

They will not hit 3's like that because they will play teams that will not allow them open looks.  Our defense was terrible and they will not hit 35 foot 3's very often either.  They will struggle against Philly.

Maybe not but they are still better than philly. They are really good this year and have no lebron to go through 

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah, it’s not like Vucevic was even average in the series or put up good numbers while we lost. He was the biggest difference between us being good at the end of the season and bad in the series. Even in game 1 we won in spite of him and in game 3 he had a 5 minute stretch but disappeared again in the 4th during the comeback. He’s gone.

32 minutes ago, magicmacd75 said:

I'm betting they don't. And your choice of teams is among the most confusing ever and makes me not feel as bad for who I root for

Lol. It’s been a rough fan life for me especially of late 

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, it’s not like Vucevic was even average in the series or put up good numbers while we lost. He was the biggest difference between us being good at the end of the season and bad in the series. Even in game 1 we won in spite of him and in game 3 he had a 5 minute stretch but disappeared again in the 4th during the comeback. He’s gone.

That's the thing. I'd be worried if he was close to his numbers but he was so bad that it's impossible to ignore.