Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd at 7 P.M.

3 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

How can you be Pro Ross who's basically just jacking up contested shots all night and killing ball movement all while playing terrible defense and be a Devin Booker hater?  Ross won't be worth what he'll command in FA and we have bigger concerns.

Because he doesn't kill ball movement. He's a bench gunner. And more efficient than Booker. 

I don't hate Booker. I disagree that he's a franchise player. 

But if you said "ok we're going to start Ross, pay him 20 million a year and run our offense through him" I'd hate that too. 

Ross isn't going to be that though. He's not going to get paid that much. And he's really good in this role. 

Hate to come off Negative, However we've got some real tough decisions to make this offseason. It almost feels like a completely new rebuild is needed.  Definetly need to start a new Era. 

Will it be another 5+ years before we make it back to the playoffs?  If you say No we obviously keep Vuch and Fournier and that screams mediocrity. 

This offseason should tell us all we need to know about our new front office. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He won’t get over 8 per I don’t think. Can’t imagine him getting more then Lou williams. Yea he’s younger but he pretty much is what he is at this point. Williams is a much more consistent 6th man. 

Lou is a weird situation. He took a pay cut to stay in LA. I don't think you can use him as a benchmark for salary. 

Ross won't make more than what we can offer him in an extension tomorrow. Think he gets something in the 3/36 ballpark. 

2 minutes ago, magicmacd75 said:

Philly will win the next series in 6. They have a PG to shut down Lowry. Embiid will destroy Gasol. 

I disagree completely. Toronto will not lose a 7 game series to anybody in the east if they hit 3s like this. Way too much defensive talent and scoring 

2 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Will it be another 5+ years before we make it back to the playoffs?  If you say No we obviously keep Vuch and Fournier and that screams mediocrity. 

It's not obvious at all lol. There's a realistic scenario where we let vucevic walk and still remain the same team record wise. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Lou is a weird situation. He took a pay cut to stay in LA. I don't think you can use him as a benchmark for salary. 

Ross won't make more than what we can offer him in an extension tomorrow. Think he gets something in the 3/36 ballpark. 

Are you ok signing him to that? Think another team will offer more?  You always overpay in Free Agency...

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not obvious at all lol. There's a realistic scenario where we let vucevic walk and still remain the same team record wise. 

I think we can let Vuch walk and have a similar record if we make some smart bench signings and bring in a you like Brogdon. 

1 minute ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Are you ok signing him to that? Think another team will offer more?  You always overpay in Free Agency...

Yeah. I like him in that range. 

NBA people project brogdon to get 4/60. That's a good bench mark for Ross' value (it should be less than that).