Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Sunday, April 21st at 7:00 P.M.

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s the beauty of sports, we can both have different opinions and still be perfectly cordial. I forgive Tracy because, we swung for the fences for home and sold him on a dream we never delivered on. He signed here hoping to be the original big 3 with Hill and TD. TD waffles at the last second and Grant didn’t heal. Tracy got stuck in an awful position with no supporting cast and still came out and did his... every. single. night.

We have Dwight the world on a silver platter. He shat on it and threw it against the wall.

I believe we could've only signed 2 max free agents we went hard for Duncan and Hill and when Duncan agreed to resign in S.A. we went with McGrady. That's at least how i remember it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

6 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

tbh, I think that would be a mistake.

Gordon, Isaac, Bamba, and Fultz are the future of this franchise. If they are all healthy, it's time to start seeing what they can do together.

Especially if we are gonna be losing Vuc and / or Ross this off-season. Our current go-to's are gonna be gone, so it's time for the next wave to get their opportunities and see what we have to build.

ASSUMING that we can't / won't move Fournier, I'd say next season needs to look like:

PG - Fultz

SG - Fournier

SF - Isaac

PF - Gordon

C - Bamba

Bench - Augustin, Carter-Williams, Ross, Iwundu, Birch

Let our new young core gel and develop together, while we figure out how to address the 2 spot and replace Fournier.

Getting rid of Fournier is my #1 objective, but idk that it's gonna be able to happen this off-season. We're gonna need more time to pawn him off, or just let him expire.

Maybe we could start Ross at the 2 and desperately try to get out of Fournier's contract.

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Dwight did a lot of foolish things. I still wonder what may of been if Mac hadn't of left and we had a healthy Hill

Jameer, tmac, hill, garrity (lol) and Howard.  That's a fun team.

If I remember correct, we still signed Turkoglu as well before trading T-Mac.

I don't know if we ever end up getting Rashard tho, because is was trading Francis and the expiring contracts we got in return that gave us the cap space we needed to pull in Shard. And by the time we were ready for our run, Rashard was definitely the better choice over T-Mac at that point of their respective careers. So in the long run, getting rid of T-Mac was probably best for us anyways. But it certainly is an interesting "what if".

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s the beauty of sports, we can both have different opinions and still be perfectly cordial. I forgive Tracy because, we swung for the fences for home and sold him on a dream we never delivered on. He signed here hoping to be the original big 3 with Hill and TD. TD waffles at the last second and Grant didn’t heal. Tracy got stuck in an awful position with no supporting cast and still came out and did his... every. single. night.

We have Dwight the world on a silver platter. He shat on it and threw it against the wall.

I understand that things were beyond his control here, and Grant Hill's health situation really sabotaged us from really being able to truly improve (Grant Hill I'll never hold any ill will towards, because you want to talk about busting ass, how hard he busted his ass to fight through those injuries to get back on the court for us. I'll always admire Grant Hill even if he never lived up to the hopes we had for him). But the way he was such a little weasel by the end and threw everyone else under the bus is what really bothered me.

But I would probably agree that what Dwight did was much worse than what T-Mac did. At the very least, at least T-Mac wasn't going to every city we traveled to during the season talking about how much he'd love to play for the team we were about to face.

In my hierarchy of Magic hatred:

1. Hennigan

2. Dwight

3. T-Mac

The difference with Dwight and T-Mac is, at least they actually gave us positive things to cheer about. Hennigan was just a walking dumpster fire from the word go.

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Vucevic is shooting 38.5% FG for the series. He's a center

Lmbo fav part of this "hes a center" centers should either average 55% or not shoot it

Gotta give Cliff some props.... He did more with this squad then anyone else has done. I think we have a bright future after we shed a couple of bad contracts.

Just now, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Maybe we could start Ross at the 2 and desperately try to get out of Fournier's contract.

tbh I'd be extremely happy if that happened.

I think Ross is better than Fournier as it is, and our big objective needs to be to get rid of Fournier one way or another. If we can do that NOW and not have to wait, then even better!

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

Gotta give Cliff some props.... He did more with this squad then anyone else has done. I think we have a bright future after we shed a couple of bad contracts.

Yeah I really delight in coach cliff

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Vucevic is shooting 38.5% FG for the series. He's a center

Vooch has been exposed this series, just like many predicted once the playoffs started.

4 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

I believe we could've only signed 2 max free agents we went hard for Duncan and Hill and when Duncan agreed to resign in S.A. we went with McGrady. That's at least how i remember it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I’m almost 100 % sure we were swinging from the fences to pull in all 3... and what a team that would’ve been

2 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

If I remember correct, we still signed Turkoglu as well before trading T-Mac.

I don't know if we ever end up getting Rashard tho, because is was trading Francis and the expiring contracts we got in return that gave us the cap space we needed to pull in Shard. And by the time we were ready for our run, Rashard was definitely the better choice over T-Mac at that point of their respective careers. So in the long run, getting rid of T-Mac was probably best for us anyways. But it certainly is an interesting "what if".

I understand that things were beyond his control here, and Grant Hill's health situation really sabotaged us from really being able to truly improve (Grant Hill I'll never hold any ill will towards, because you want to talk about busting ass, how hard he busted his ass to fight through those injuries to get back on the court for us. I'll always admire Grant Hill even if he never lived up to the hopes we had for him). But the way he was such a little weasel by the end and threw everyone else under the bus is what really bothered me.

But I would probably agree that what Dwight did was much worse than what T-Mac did. At the very least, at least T-Mac wasn't going to every city we traveled to during the season talking about how much he'd love to play for the team we were about to face.

In my hierarchy of Magic hatred:

1. Hennigan

2. Dwight

3. T-Mac

The difference with Dwight and T-Mac is, at least they actually gave us positive things to cheer about. Hennigan was just a walking dumpster fire from the word go.

And dwight leaving was a blessing in disguise because of all the games he missed due to Injury

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

I love the future of this franchise. That's why as disappointed I am about the pending outcome of this series, I am super proud of this team. This team doesn't need to win a series for this playoff run to be a success. They just need to be there and compete. The competing part hasn't consistently been there this series, but all in all it will help them with confidence and experience that they can take with them.

We finally have a good core. As you said, we just have a couple obstacles in our way in the form of a couple bad contracts before we can finally have a clean run at it.