Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Sunday, April 21st at 7:00 P.M.

I've been thinking a lot about how we can trade Fournier and I think the only reasonable situations would be teams already so far over the cap that they won't be able to improve by anything but a trade. For example the TWolves already have 109million commited next season and are locked in long term to KAT, Wiggins, Covington and Dieng and will probably try and bring back Tyus Jones as well. Would they do Fournier for Jeff Teague? They get more shooting and a guy who'd make a good 5th man or bench scorer. We get out of paying Fournier in 20-21 and a stop gap starting PG who kind of matches what we're trying to do. They already have over 90 million committed to 4 guys in 20-21 so they probably won't be players in free agency that year anyway so the extra year isn't that bad for them. Just a thought *shrug*.

• Upvote 2

So much to catch up on. 

Sucks The Magic didn't really compete this game. Would have been great for the home fans. I knew many people who went to the game, but i knew better.

Yes Vucevic and Fournier have to go. His contract is tradeable, too many other bad contracts changed teams the past 3 years. I never thought the wizards could trade Porter, but it happened. 

Dwight isn't close to the top of my hate board. Hennigan might be. Dwight helped us out, he left right when he turned into a pumpkin. I hope one day Skiles and Martin tell us what was really going on with Henny cause it sure seems like he did OKC a huge favor and completely screwed the Magic.

I love Oladipo the person and wish he had stayed instead of DO-NOT-GOOGLE. However he has really only had one good year. This year wasn't very good before he got injured.

I like our chances moving forward, you should all pray they don't resign Vucevic. I like our coach and i think We-Ham has a plan now.

I'm on board. Lets go Magic!

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I've been thinking a lot about how we can trade Fournier and I think the only reasonable situations would be teams already so far over the cap that they won't be able to improve by anything but a trade. For example the TWolves already have 109million commited next season and are locked in long term to KAT, Wiggins, Covington and Dieng and will probably try and bring back Tyus Jones as well. Would they do Fournier for Jeff Teague? They get more shooting and a guy who'd make a good 5th man or bench scorer. We get out of paying Fournier in 20-21 and a stop gap starting PG who kind of matches what we're trying to do. They already have over 90 million committed to 4 guys in 20-21 so they probably won't be players in free agency that year anyway so the extra year isn't that bad for them. Just a thought *shrug*.

Not saying this is going to happen but this is exactly how these contracts get moved. Good post.

Could not be more disappointed with not getting a home win in this series. Not at all surprised though.

39 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

That's not a bad idea. Then we throw the MLE at a shooting guard. 

39 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

As our all star in the playoffs, Vooch is shooting 37 FG% and 27 3PT%. Additionally, he’s been repeatedly targeted through switches on defense. Raise your hand if you’re ready to move on. 

Why is this so suprising to anyone but me.  How could anyone who knows anything about basketball not see this coming?  Clifford is a big man coach who glorified his strenghs in the regular season.  Slowed the pace down do highlight his strenghs on offense and lessen his weaknesses on defense.  Playoff basketball is a sped up frantic pace  which is not Vuc's game. Where you can game plan for the same opponent and weaknesses are exposed.  Vooch is a skilled big man with limited athleticism and limited upside.  As I have said many times he is great at being the best player on a bad or average team.   How could anyone of any sense ever have wanted to give him a big long term big contract?  Especially what his body of work has been for 7 years.

Even if the season ends tomorrow, it was an abject success.  I got to see them finish 11-2 // 22-9.  I was able to watch them clinch a playoff spot on the road in Boston.  I watched them steal a game on the road against a Finals contender.  I was able to attend 2 home playoff games. 

Optimistic Magic fans were the only people who even dreamed of this team possibly making the playoffs.  "Experts" penned this team as bottom feeder, a team that would struggle to win 26 games, or even the league's worst team. 

This was the most enjoyable season in nearly a decade.

19 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Why is this so suprising to anyone but me.  How could anyone who knows anything about basketball not see this coming?  Clifford is a big man coach who glorified his strenghs in the regular season.  Slowed the pace down do highlight his strenghs on offense and lessen his weaknesses on defense.  Playoff basketball is a sped up frantic pace  which is not Vuc's game. Where you can game plan for the same opponent and weaknesses are exposed.  Vooch is a skilled big man with limited athleticism and limited upside.  As I have said many times he is great at being the best player on a bad or average team.   How could anyone of any sense ever have wanted to give him a big long term big contract?  Especially what his body of work has been for 7 years.

Playoff basketball isn't sped up to a frantic pace. It's played however the better team wants it played. 

Three playoff series are being played at a slower pace than the slowest team played this year. Two are being played at a pace that would be top 5 during the regular season. The other 3 are being played at the exact median pace for the season. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Playoff basketball isn't sped up to a frantic pace. It's played however the better team wants it played. 

Three playoff series are being played at a slower pace than the slowest team played this year. Two are being played at a pace that would be top 5 during the regular season. The other 3 are being played at the exact median pace for the season. 

Maybe pace was a bad term.  But shot timing is sped up and the defense is intesified.

18 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Even if the season ends tomorrow, it was an abject success.  I got to see them finish 11-2 // 22-9.  I was able to watch them clinch a playoff spot on the road in Boston.  I watched them steal a game on the road against a Finals contender.  I was able to attend 2 home playoff games. 

Optimistic Magic fans were the only people who even dreamed of this team possibly making the playoffs.  "Experts" penned this team as bottom feeder, a team that would struggle to win 26 games, or even the league's worst team. 

This was the most enjoyable season in nearly a decade.

I just wish we played more games like game 1 and game 3. If that happened we'd be able to spend the off-season thinking we're 1 or 2 players away from the next step (with those 1 or 2 players potentially being injured rookies on the bench)

But with this gulf between us and Toronto we're 3 players away. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I just wish we played more games like game 1 and game 3. If that happened we'd be able to spend the off-season thinking we're 1 or 2 players away from the next step (with those 1 or 2 players potentially being injured rookies on the bench)

But with this gulf between us and Toronto we're 3 players away. 

That 1 player is all that matters.  Superstar