Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Sunday, April 21st at 7:00 P.M.

11 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I get the feeling from your writing that you don’t think that the center MCW is Birch? I feel like Birch can be that guy— play good defense, rebound the ball and he has some nice touch around the basket 

It can be Birch but he was kind of crappy this series. Can a 6'9 center be our starter for a year? Maybe. Can he rim run regularly? Maybe. 

14 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Since when does MCW have nice touch around the basket? Dude might be the worst finisher in the NBA. I think a better comparison for Khem is Iwundu.

I meant MCW in a player that is preferred to a more skilled player due to a fit in basketball philosophy, not a literal “MCW=Birch” sense. 

Birch, MCW and Bamba are fits for the up tempo, heavy pick and roll offense we should run. Vuc isn’t. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It can be Birch but he was kind of crappy this series. Can a 6'9 center be our starter for a year? Maybe. Can he rim run regularly? Maybe. 

He had a PER of 19 this year but how much of that is because hes playing against 2nd squads that I doubt scout Birch for his rim running. I like Birch a lot in just not sold on an uptick in his production given more minutes 

2 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Now that the Magic are all but out of it is there any one particular team that you will now latch on to and kinda sorta root for ? Or is it a case that once the Magic are out of it so are you as far as watching playoff basketball ?

Warriors. I'm from the bay area, born and raised, and is where I currently call home, so if the Magic are out of it, at least my local home team can win.

2 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Nope.  He's done.  There is no next year to show.  If you keep giving players CHANCES, you'll end up as the Washington wizards.  We must be dynamic to change at whatever costs.  The chance has come and gone.  

I agree, but we might not have a choice.

Fournier has a big contract and little value. What team would actually be willing to give up something for him?

And if we are stuck with him, who is a better option to start? Ross? Maybe. Iwundu? Meeeeh.

Just throwing this out there. First Year Kawhi scores 20+ per game: age 24. DeMar DeRozen: 24. LaMarcus Aldridge: 25. Steph mother*****ing Curry: 24. Victor "sniff... I'm not crying, you're crying!" Oladipo: 25. Julius Randle: 24. Klay Thompson: 24. Hell, why not? Joe Johnson: 24; Jimmy Butler: 25. I mention these guys because, unlike other guys such as CJ McCollum or Isaiah Thomas (both age 24 for their first, by the way), these guys didn't suddenly come out of nowhere as terrific scorers because they finally got the minutes. They build it up over time. They were guys who came into the league at various levels of poor-to-mediocre offense and built themselves into high-level scorers (Randle, I guess really we'll see, but I threw him in there just because he fit the criteria so far). They started out rough. Then they were okay. Then they were solid. Then they were very good. Then they were elite. They just worked their way into being elite scorers.

I think Gordon does that his age 24 season. He fits the mold. This playoffs should be a reason for us to put it in his hands more (who else leads without Vuc, and dear God don't let us re-sign him). Yes, he's still raw in some ways. No, he's not Kawhi, or DeRozen, or any of those guys. That's what's great about that list of guys. Those guys are all different, all had to learn different things to be the elite scorers they are/were. Some were scorers in college who had to learn how to do it at an NBA level (Curry, for one). Some were super-raw talents who everyone thought could do it, but it took time (Aldridge, Johnson). Some were guys who weren't supposed to have high scoring ceilings at all, but worked their way into it (Kawhi, Klay).

I'm not saying Gordon for sure does this. I just wanted to remind everyone that he hasn't NECESSARILY plateaued as a scorer, and he could still be elite. I see so many people say "We don't have that guy yet" with such certainty. But we still might. Tonight Gordon showed that he can put up 25 in a playoff game against one of the best defensive teams in the league, while guarding one of the best offensive players in the league. He did it in a variety of ways, when the defense knew he was all we had at that point. Yes, we lost big tonight. Yes, we lost big the other game this series he put up 20. But remember that we used to say 'Dipo only had big nights when we lost, too. It wasn't 'Dipo's fault we lost so much. It isn't Aaron's fault we're losing this series. I think Gordon makes another stride forward next year as a scorer, especially if Vuc leaves (please, God, leave).

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

Fournier has a big contract and little value. What team would actually be willing to give up something for him?

And if we are stuck with him, who is a better option to start? Ross? Maybe. Iwundu? Meeeeh.

Maybe the Bulls. Fournier and this years pick for LaVine. I think Clifford could make a nice player out of LaVine in a uptempo system.

Fultz/Augustin/MCW

LaVine/Ross/Iwandu

Isaac/Ross/Iwandu

Gordon/Isaac/FA (Holmes)

FA (Holmes)/Bamba/Birch -> Start Bamba as soon as he is ready

Or do you see a chance to get Brogdon? I think he would be a nice fit as startimg SG.

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Would you not trade Fournier for a 79 Pinto right now?

Hmm. Tempting. A Pinto actually catches fire from time to time. ;-)

Seriously. I just watched the game this morning. I liked our effort, and AG was trying his best; however as much as it pains me to say the Raptors are probably just too good for us this year. I am proud of our team, though. These guys battled all year, and I know we will continue to battle in Toronto. Maybe we can get it going and turn things around, but if we don't I think we have learned a lot about ourselves as a team. As with most, I wonder what direction we are going to go this off-season. I would like to see a shake up of the roster with us being able to keep a core of Fultz, AG, JI, Ross, MCW, Bamba, and Iwundu. I like Founier and Vooch as people, but I think we have seen what they will give us when they are on the floor in the playoffs, and as with most everyone else I have read this morning I agree their ceiling is pretty low. No need to hang on to them, if we aren't going to be able to take the next step. I am not going to hold my breath. We have limited resources, but hopefully, Weltman and Hammond can get something done. It's time for them to earn their $$$.

6 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

1. Fournier has a big contract but not horrible. He can be traded. A team like  Portland, Indiana, Denver, Clippers among others will be interested. We just can't expect anything of great value back. 

2. Herro. 

As our all star in the playoffs, Vooch is shooting 37 FG% and 27 3PT%. Additionally, he’s been repeatedly targeted through switches on defense. Raise your hand if you’re ready to move on.