Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Sunday, April 21st at 7:00 P.M.

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This series is so valuable for player analysis. 

Watching Gordon struggle-fail-learn-grow has been a joy. This has probably been the biggest challenge of his career with the opponent and his teammates and he's just problem solving on the fly. 

He's never going to be Kawhi. He doesn't have the tools on defense and it'd be really surprising if he was a 26ppg type player. 

But he's becoming a great on ball defender with a reliable offensive game and that's really encouraging for the future. 

I think we can identify equally its important for player analysis for Vuc. I was even on him staying/leaving before this series. He can't be a reliable piece of a deep playoff team. His skillset conquers mid-to-low level players / teams but he's exposed against bigger / stronger teams. This series only reinforced my thinking that he isn't worth more than $10M-$12M per year. Most certainly not worth near the max, which I can image some team will throw at him this summer. 

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think we can identify equally its important for player analysis for Vuc. I was even on him staying/leaving before this series. He can't be a reliable piece of a deep playoff team. His skillset conquers mid-to-low level players / teams but he's exposed against bigger / stronger teams. This series only reinforced my thinking that he isn't worth more than $10M-$12M per year. Most certainly not worth near the max, which I can image some team will throw at him this summer. 

It's not only bigger/stronger teams it's the speed of the game in the playoffs and his lack of athleticism.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Yeah I was going to get into that before I got into a Twitter argument about that and had to abandon the post. 

Vuc can't be on this team next year even if he signs for the minimum. Vuc is a crutch that raises our floor but limits our ceiling and having him on the roster actively hurts our development. The reason for this is because with vucevic we play a style of basketball that we will completely abandon as soon as he's gone. 

The same way Grant and subsequently MCW are bad players but necessary to create our style of play on defense we need a center that plays like we should play in the future even if it's a net negative in talent. If that can be Bamba, great. If he's not ready we need a stop gap that fills that role. But role is important. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah I was going to get into that before I got into a Twitter argument about that and had to abandon the post. 

Vuc can't be on this team next year even if he signs for the minimum. Vuc is a crutch that raises our floor but limits our ceiling and having him on the roster actively hurts our development. The reason for this is because with vucevic we play a style of basketball that we will completely abandon as soon as he's gone. 

The same way Grant and subsequently MCW are bad players but necessary to create our style of play on defense we need a center that plays like we should play in the future even if it's a net negative in talent. If that can be Bamba, great. If he's not ready we need a stop gap that fills that role. But role is important. 

Wow I am shocked!  But absolutely correct!

• Upvote 1

Just like MCW is a bad player but a philosophical fit in a well defined role. The team had an epiphany when he was inserted into the rotation. Things started to work. He's nothing but a placeholder for a more talented player who also fits that role (Fultz). 

Vucevic is a talented player that doesn't fit our philosophy. If Bamba isn't ready we need a center version of MCW. A guy who fills a well defined role and let's us play how we want to play. Even if he's nothing but a placeholder for a more talented player in the future. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Just like MCW is a bad player but a philosophical fit in a well defined role. The team had an epiphany when he was inserted into the rotation. Things started to work. He's nothing but a placeholder for a more talented player who also fits that role (Fultz). 

Vucevic is a talented player that doesn't fit our philosophy. If Bamba isn't ready we need a center version of MCW. A guy who fills a well defined role and let's us play how we want to play. Even if he's nothing but a placeholder for a more talented player in the future. 

Until we find out who Bamba is, which he will need opportunities to prosper or fail.  Is it viable contract wise to resign Birch, have Bamba, and have an MCW type filler next year?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Until we find out who Bamba is, which he will need opportunities to prosper or fail.  Is it viable contract wise to resign Birch, have Bamba, and have an MCW type filler next year?

That's what I'm thinking. 

There are high end options but I think I'd even rather have a Javale McGee type guy than vucevic. Because for as garbage of a player McGee is, he's still a placeholder for a long term style of play. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I get the feeling from your writing that you don’t think that the center MCW is Birch? I feel like Birch can be that guy— play good defense, rebound the ball and he has some nice touch around the basket 

3 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I get the feeling from your writing that you don’t think that the center MCW is Birch? I feel like Birch can be that guy— play good defense, rebound the ball and he has some nice touch around the basket 

Since when does MCW have nice touch around the basket? Dude might be the worst finisher in the NBA. I think a better comparison for Khem is Iwundu.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

There are high end options but I think I'd even rather have a Javale McGee type guy than vucevic. Because for as garbage of a player McGee is, he's still a placeholder for a long term style of play. 

That's the perfect guy.  Even though he has bonehead plays he can still block shots and catch lobs.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I believe in Bamba.  He is a smart kid and has some offensive skills.  Just like Isaac they need to continue to get their NBA bodies.

• Upvote 1