Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Sunday, April 21st at 7:00 P.M.

1 minute ago, Franchise408 said:

Is Ross in a contract year?

Fournier needs to go all the way away from this team. I don't hate him. But his position in our starting lineup is a huge weakness.

I like Ross, but probably not enough to give big money to if his contract is up. He's a replaceable piece.

I like Vuc too and he's a big reason why we are here this year. But with Bamba as our future, I guess Vuc is also a replaceable piece.

I hope Fultz turns into a productive piece. That will be huge for us. I hope that Carter-Williams stays around. I feel like he could be to us what Shaun Livingston is in Golden State. And I do like Augustin. Didn't always, but he's grown on me. I think a Fultz / Augustin / Carter-Williams rotation could be good.

Yes Ross is playing his best ball in a contract year. We decided to keep him and try to make a playoff push, which obviously we did.  We lose that trade chip but gain playoff experience for half of our young core.  Ross can catch fire but at his best he's a chucker thats turnover prone and has major lapses on defense.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Does Fultz have that kind of potential to be that guy?

Absolutely yes. Just need to hope he has a great recovery. 

3 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

This is why I wanted Isaiah Thomas in the off-season.

Isaiah Thomas obviously wasn't that guy, and Augustin has proven capable in the spot, but we are counting on guys like Gordon or Fournier to be that guy, and they simply aren't that kind of player.

We need that dominant true #1 option that can bump Fournier and Gordon down to the #2 and #3 options where they need to be.

I don't know enough about Fultz. Does Fultz have that kind of potential to be that guy? Or even if he lives up to potential is he not that kind of player?

Fultz has a lot of potential but in my opinion his ceiling is more of a John Wall, Derrick Rose type of guy. Not really sure you can contend with those guys

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

He’s been our best player in the series. Lol

Oh absolutely he's not had a bad series by any stretch. I didn't mean that comment as critical as it sounded. He's guarding Kawhi pretty well but the mixed results come because Kawhi can make tough shots anyway. And exhausting all that energy on defense has meant he's not always had the opportunity to show what he can do on offense which is sad.

Though as I type this he's hit two tough jumpers.

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Fultz has a lot of potential but in my opinion his ceiling is more of a John Wall, Derrick Rose type of guy. Not really sure you can contend with those guys

I mean, a John Wall or Derrick Rose type of player could really help put us over the top.

As said above, I do think we have an already solid core with Gordon, Bamba, Isaac, Augustin, and the expendables of Ross, Vuc, and Fournier. I think that a John Wall type would really boost us. If he can be that guy, then I think we have a good future.

7 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

This is why I wanted Isaiah Thomas in the off-season.

Isaiah Thomas obviously wasn't that guy, and Augustin has proven capable in the spot, but we are counting on guys like Gordon or Fournier to be that guy, and they simply aren't that kind of player.

We need that dominant true #1 option that can bump Fournier and Gordon down to the #2 and #3 options where they need to be.

I don't know enough about Fultz. Does Fultz have that kind of potential to be that guy? Or even if he lives up to potential is he not that kind of player?

Fultz has potential. But once again it is just that. Potential. He also has this injury he is dealing with. Would be nice to get someone already proven in here. Then if that happens having Fultz come back will be an added bonus.