Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Sunday, April 21st at 7:00 P.M.

But to be fair there is NOTHING to be ashamed of as a Magic fan. Most of us never expected them to even be in the playoffs. Myself included. It was a great exciting season. And now the Magic brass can see what we need moving forward and make the necessary moves.

Gordon and Isaac being in foul trouble is killing us. Defense falls apart when they’re not both in against Toronto’s SL. Offense became stagnant the last 5 minutes of the 2nd, but there’s time to turn it around if they can keep themselves on the court

Just now, magicmacd75 said:

Guess it was a pipe dream for this to go 7 games

They are better than us. Plain and simple. The playoffs are an entirely different animal.

This looks bad and it is bad. We may get a run to get close, but they have us beat. Just as a whole. Even if we steal this one somehow and you're like it's 2-2, why not? We're outmanned. Nothing to be ashamed of. We got to the playoffs and stole one against the team we matched up pretty well against. They got experience and an elite player w/ good support. Go Magic.

I suppose its part of the rite of passage.  We aren't mentally ready for the playoffs.  Our Veterans are mentally weak.  Hoping we gut this team and build around BIG.  If Fultz recovers he can be part of the core moving forward.  Let Vuch and Ross walk, trade Fournier.  We won't sniff the playoffs the next few years but we would be in a better place as our core develops. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Ya know, sometimes the other team is just better... sometimes, significantly better. Just want to see us keep playing hard

Basically this.

I never had any delusions of us winning this series, but to me, winning this series wasn't the point of getting to the playoffs.

Getting to the playoffs was about getting some confidence for these young guys that they could develop from and use to grow with.

But even if I don't have expectations of winning a series, I don't want to see them go out like this. They are completely melting down right now with bad shot selection and bad turnovers. I would like to see them take tonight's game, because winning 2 games like that to tie up the series and guarantee a game 6 does show they were competitive and does help to build confidence, and helps makes us more marketable for future talent to come in alongside these guys.

At this point, idk that tonight is gonna happen. But I do hope they get it together and make a better game out of it.

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It’s sad that Gordon barely had any fast break dunks this season. We seriously need to play faster

This series has been pretty sad for Gordon in general. He's mostly just having to guard Kawhi to somewhat mixed results.

• Downvote 1

I don't believe that the Raptors are that great.  I just believe the Raptors tried harder than us.  

They complain on every foul which is dynamic you sadly must do in order to get the officials to give you calls.  They also know how to break our momentum with cheap calls. We don't have a player that can break momentum with cheap calls because our players don't argue with the refs for foul calls.  

The Raptors progressively shot better than us.  The Magic continually shot worse.  

At this point, the Magic have lost so much confidence in the game plan and their own individual capabilities that the damage is done.  When do what you have to do early into the series like some of our guys didn't, the rest of the series turns into THIS.  A one sided recreational game in which the opponent is just toying with you.  The Magic became progressively jaded and the zeal is all but gone.