Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Friday, April 19th at 7:00 P.M.

2 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Vuc was decent for the very beginnings of the third quarter.  His terrible play shall not be excused.  He was still getting stripped and still missing gimmes to end the game.  Being good for 20 percent of the game is not praiseworthy. 

Not to be the Vuc apologist here, but that “strip” was an obvious foul. Got him straight across the arms and got zero ball. 

If Vuc can reproduce the 2nd half over a whole game on Sunday, we’ll be in a better place offensively 

Cliff will say in his post game comments "Look we just couldn't make open shots". "You can't win in this league if you don't make open shots".

• Upvote 1

I think we are good. We need to win next and take this to a 7 gane series. 

Very happy with the effort. We just need to be more aggressive. DJ needs to step it up. Evan just needs to play a smarter defensive game and  forget about his offensive struggles. He just doesn't have it at this level.

7 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

It’s still not over though. That’s the point. We let them go on a huge run in the 3rd, clawed our way back, and were one rebound away from possibly sending it to OT after we were down like 17 in the 4th.

You gotta understand.  All the necessary adjustments have been made by Toronto.  They're basically water walking over us right now.  You've seen Fournier play terrible for 2 games and Vucevic play terrible for the entire series.  Fournier is missing wide open shots showing that he can't be relied on at all in the NBA on this stage.   Vucevic is falling apart mentally.  He just does not have anything on an out of prime...34 year old Marc Gasol.  Wouldn't you consider..that absolutely embarrassing?   

There are few adjustments that can be made but Toronto is better than the Magic.  They have much more mismatches to exploit than the Magic.   I've literally seen this game 3 times   Its the same story.   

It didn't have to come down to a rebound if Fournier and Vucevic did what they were suppose to do. 

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think we are good. We need to win next and take this to a 7 gane series. 

Very happy with the effort. We just need to be more aggressive. DJ needs to step it up. Evan just needs to play a smarter defensive game and  forget about his offensive struggles. He just doesn't have it at this level.

DJ does need to step up and be more aggressive. Evan is who he is and will never change

I was screaming the whole 4th quarter for them to get Fournier out of the game. That guy is garbage when his shot's not falling. Isaac was our best player for a lot of the game and we benched him for the 4th. I know Cliff had him in their because we were struggling so much on offense, but it's frustrating because Fournier didn't really help our offense in the 4th, and he hurt our defense. Needed to just let Isaac play. Might have kept Siakam from owning us quite so much for the 4th.

As an aside, how stupid is Toronto for continually running isos for Leonard against Gordon. Gordon owns him on isos.

1 minute ago, magicmacd75 said:

DJ does need to step up and be more aggressive. Evan is who he is and will never change

DJ wins game 1 by being aggressive and then he disappears. Very strange.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

You gotta understand.  All the necessary adjustments have been made by Toronto.  They're basically water walking over us right now.  You've seen Fournier play terrible for 2 games and Vucevic play terrible for the entire series.  Fournier is missing wide open shots showing that he can't be relied on at all in the NBA on this stage.   Vucevic is falling apart mentally.  He just does not have anything on an out of prime...34 year old Marc Gasol.  Wouldn't you consider..that absolutely embarrassing?   

There are few adjustments that can be made but Toronto is better than the Magic.  They have much more mismatches to exploit than the Magic.   I've literally seen this game 3 times   Its the same story.   

It didn't have to come down to a rebound if Fournier and Vucevic did what they were suppose to do. 

To be fair, we've played one game where Leonard couldn't miss no matter the defense, and another where Siakam couldn't. Maybe we'll actually get a game where none of their players put up the best game of their lives.

1 minute ago, Justin Jaudon said:

To be fair, we've played one game where Leonard couldn't miss no matter the defense, and another where Siakam couldn't. Maybe we'll actually get a game where none of their players put up the best game of their lives.

He couldnt miss because the magic let him get comfortable shooting the worst percentages and opening a runway to the rim in game 2.  He wouldn't be so comfortable in a close game or down 10 points.  

I’m sure this has already been said but VUC didn’t even put his hands up to get that last very important rebound... Pathetic

1 minute ago, ~O~ said:

He couldnt miss because the magic let him get comfortable shooting the worst percentages and opening a runway to the rim in game 2.  He wouldn't be so comfortable in a close game or down 10 points.  

We are limited by matchups in my opinion.