Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Friday, April 19th at 7:00 P.M.

Disappointed Bamba didn’t get any burn due to injury. I think it’s important to feel the intensity of the playoffs so he understands how hard  it is and the work that’s needed; it’s imperative for growth. 

What do you guys think? Should Fournier and Vooch be in the plans for our team moving forward after this year? If so, what are your plans for replacing them? Anyone we draft is more than likely going to need some time to develop. Do we risk taking a step back in hopes that we can take two steps forward down the road? Isn't that what we have been doing? How do we turn the corner?

I wouldn’t mind if we are without vuc, Fournier and ross next season 

as it is, bamba Isaac and Gordon are the future along with hopefully fultz and the Sg we get in the draft 

i can deal with 2 more year out of the playoffs if we start building a contender 

8 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I wouldn’t mind if we are without vuc, Fournier and ross next season 

as it is, bamba Isaac and Gordon are the future along with hopefully fultz and the Sg we get in the draft 

i can deal with 2 more year out of the playoffs if we start building a contender 

I might be more optimistic than most, but I don’t think the exclusion of Vuc means that we won’t make the playoffs. We’ll just have to pick up the points by increasing our pace and relying on improvement from AG/Isaac/Fultz/Bamba/bench scoring. In reality, since turning the corner after January 1st, we’ve been a top 4 team in the east. Implementing a team that will be better at defending the pick and roll and theoretically better at ball movement, I don’t see a team that has to lose.

Fultz-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba

Augustin-Ross-Iwundu-Birch- 1st rounder 

Going forward with that group presents a team that is more than capable of competing for the playoffs, assuming they continue their play from this season. Competing for the playoffs with a young core is much more productive than tanking to add to that young core imo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

What do you guys think? Should Fournier and Vooch be in the plans for our team moving forward after this year? If so, what are your plans for replacing them? Anyone we draft is more than likely going to need some time to develop. Do we risk taking a step back in hopes that we can take two steps forward down the road? Isn't that what we have been doing? How do we turn the corner?

imo vooch will be gone and if fultz is healthy then we are at least as good as we are now. Everyone should be better with experience and with better ball movement. Then if we can get a serviceable guy in the draft or free agency, that is just gravy. Then Evan is gone after next year and we have a strong core that can attract a really good fa. 

I can dream  but it seems realistic  

31 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I might be more optimistic than most, but I don’t think the exclusion of Vuc means that we won’t make the playoffs. We’ll just have to pick up the points by increasing our pace and relying on improvement from AG/Isaac/Fultz/Bamba/bench scoring. In reality, since turning the corner after January 1st, we’ve been a top 4 team in the east. Implementing a team that will be better at defending the pick and roll and theoretically better at ball movement, I don’t see a team that has to lose.

Fultz-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba

Augustin-Ross-Iwundu-Birch- 1st rounder 

Going forward with that group presents a team that is more than capable of competing for the playoffs, assuming they continue their play from this season. Competing for the playoffs with a young core is much more productive than tanking to add to that young core imo

It is a nice story and I want to get on board with that, but I don’t think the depth you mentioned (current team minus vuc plus fultz and pick) is enough to make the playoffs.

we could repeat a 7th or 8th seed, but it would take a big improvement from bamba (I don’t see it happening as fast as it was with Isaac) and decent performances by fultz - pick (I won’t believe it until I see it)

the reality is that vuc was the heart and soul this season, and his all star campaign is the main reason we qualified (clifford, Isaac’s leap and ross are the others)

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

It is a nice story and I want to get on board with that, but I don’t think the depth you mentioned (current team minus vuc plus fultz and pick) is enough to make the playoffs.

we could repeat a 7th or 8th seed, but it would take a big improvement from bamba (I don’t see it happening as fast as it was with Isaac) and decent performances by fultz - pick (I won’t believe it until I see it)

the reality is that vuc was the heart and soul this season, and his all star campaign is the main reason we qualified (clifford, Isaac’s leap and ross are the others)

This is correct.  We actually were pretty bad this year with Bamba backing up Vuch.  We got a lot better when Birch became the regular backup. 

I believe Fultz’s problems are mostly psychological.  As such, it’s hard to predict what we’re going to get.  It could be great. It could be absolutely nothing.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Vuch and Evan are this young cores training wheels. A little bit wobbly, should be cheap, but ready to take off when it's time to ride for real

• Like 1

I hear all of you, but this year is not over yet. We Still plenty of basketball left this season. We will win next game to tied the series 2-2. We can easily take this series to a 7 game series.

Lets enjoy the moment. It is not over yet.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

This is correct.  We actually were pretty bad this year with Bamba backing up Vuch.  We got a lot better when Birch became the regular backup. 

I believe Fultz’s problems are mostly psychological.  As such, it’s hard to predict what we’re going to get.  It could be great. It could be absolutely nothing.  

I don't really think it's correct. And I don't think Fultz's problems are psychological. That's kind of demeaning to suggest. 

Fultz and Bamba is another issue for me that I can't have an opinion on.  Haven't seen them play enough.  Fultz...from the news I've read from the last few months was unstable.  He looks stable on the sideline however. 

I'll judge him next year. Bamba....was in a rookie season.  Nothing to judge really.  

Guys, we gotta be better when it comes to Markelle. His injury being a “mental” thing was spun from Philly media and their **** medical staff. Fultz has a legit rare injury that he is recovering from and to suggest anything other than that just buys in to a made up narrative created by the 76ers to do damage control with their fan base on him being a “bust”. I’m stoked for next year, probably even more than the rest of the playoffs this year because he’s gonna come back with a vengeance, and I can’t frickin wait.

• Like 1