Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Friday, April 19th at 7:00 P.M.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know if the order things happen really matters. 

I don't want to resign Vuc. I think he's killing us this series. But 22 points on 13 shots, 14 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 turnovers, a steal, and 3 blocks is pretty solid. 

His defense looked to be better as well. Got blown by on the switch a couple times but I expect that. His help defense was at least average. 

I'd still file it as a eehhh game though. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

They're deeper than we are so they can afford to play more physically. If Isaac or Gordon get in foul trouble it's devastating for us

Time to draft for depth wing depth, we can get a guard if its beat player available but man having Ibaka come off the bench is huge for a defense

16 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

His defense looked to be better as well. Got blown by on the switch a couple times but I expect that. His help defense was at least average. 

I'd still file it as a eehhh game though. 

I’ve been super critical of him and he deserves it, but 22/14/6 and 3 blocks is one hell of an eehhh game. His turnovers in the first half sucked the life out of his early and he took forever to show up, but at least he eventually showed up.

53 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. They're playing a significantly more physical brand of defense. Our strategy all season has been defending without fouling. It's not a surprise we're getting more whistles. 

I love that they think there's a league conspiracy to get more magic games. 

They’re such a mentally fragile fan base. That’s why it’d be so much fun to steal one more and make them sweat.

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’ve been super critical of him and he deserves it, but 22/14/6 and 3 blocks is one hell of an eehhh game. His turnovers in the first half sucked the life out of his early and he took forever to show up, but at least he eventually showed up.

The 1st half was just so bad it's hard for me to absolve. He didn't resemble any form of a basketball player. It ruined the rythm for the rest of the team. I'm fine with not being able to score but the turnovers are just inexcusable. 

Vuch's mindset needs to change from being the guy to just making the right play (which he was better at just not good enough).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. They're playing a significantly more physical brand of defense. Our strategy all season has been defending without fouling. It's not a surprise we're getting more whistles. 

I love that they think there's a league conspiracy to get more magic games. 

If you play more physical off ball that one thing, when you are constantly swiping at the ball hitting arms and elbows causing turnovers that's another.  You've got to call those! Same when Leonard drops his arms and fouls someone taking it hard to the rim.

Can we start to get some of those calls on those Gasol moving/leaning picks and swipes?

If called correctly Gasol and Lowery would foul out in 10 minutes.

43 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is why...that point in the third quarter where the Magic went up, Clifford should have been ahead of Nurse.  Nurse immediately made his guys push the pace with Siakem out there leading the break.  They got it up to an even larger margin.  Siakem/Isaac and Gordon/Leonard is critical however its null if the Magic don't DO WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSE TO DO..on offense.    

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Time to draft for depth wing depth, we can get a guard if its beat player available but man having Ibaka come off the bench is huge for a defense

We have two backup guards playing as starters (4 for 19 and 1 for 12 on 3 pointers playing at home).    Hopefully Fultz becomes one starter, we need soemone who can shoot as the other.  Fournier, after game 2 talked about how poor he and team played  and how they wojuld feed off the home crowd energy.  Way to show up Evan?  With the exception of the last 10 games of the season He has played in the lowest 15% of SG.  He needs to be replaced sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

We have two backup guards playing as starters (4 for 19 and 1 for 12 on 3 pointers playing at home).    Hopefully Fultz becomes one starter, we need soemone who can shoot as the other.  Fournier, after game 2 talked about how poor he and team played  and how they wojuld feed off the home crowd energy.  Way to show up Evan?  With the exception of the last 10 games of the season He has played in the lowest 15% of SG.  He needs to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Yeah. We're lacking a guard who can get into the middle of the defense. Fultz should be able to be that guy.