Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Friday, April 19th at 7:00 P.M.

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's difficult to criticize vucevic too much. He did enough. 

Eh, 2nd half yeah. He was actively sabotaging us in the first half. Probably the primary reason we weren’t up like 6 at halftime 

• Upvote 1

I remember when Evan hit his lone shot in the game, and i posted this is the comeback!

Unfortunately that was it. It's a talent gap. The good news is we are still capable of keeping it close. Which means we might win sunday.

After that the best we can hope for is some growth from our young guys. We still need to get an alpha shooter, no doubt about it.

Everyone here has said it for years. Holy crap i wish we had got Tatum. We deserved a top 3 pick after that terrible year.

I'm saying this even thinking Isaac has the highest ceiling on our team. We need an Alpha scorer or someone who might turn into that guy.

I'm pretty sure that player is not on our team yet. We still need some luck or moves to get him.

I also hate to blame officiating because it normally evens out, however what's up with the refs allowing the raptors to mug our players almost every possession? Its like watching Prison Rec ball. 

I can't count how many times I've seen the trailing defenders hook or hold one of our players trying to get free.  Then you've got the constant reaching and slapping that has barely been called.  You've got Lowery flopping all over the place (wasn't flopping supposed to be a foul or technical foul).  Wrap that all up with the obvious Kawhi no calls and I'm surprised we are only down 2-1.  All the replays show obvious fouls. 

I guess all this is why I've lost a little interest in the Nba the past 7 years because its honestly the worst officiated professional sport.  I was a Season ticket holder until the strike shortened season burnt me out when the league crammed the full season into a shortened period.  I was hoping the playoff birth would relight that passion to become a season ticket holder again...

32 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Eh, 2nd half yeah. He was actively sabotaging us in the first half. Probably the primary reason we weren’t up like 6 at halftime 

I don't know if the order things happen really matters. 

I don't want to resign Vuc. I think he's killing us this series. But 22 points on 13 shots, 14 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 turnovers, a steal, and 3 blocks is pretty solid. 

27 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Evan helping off Danny Green is the most agitated I've been watching a game in forever.

He did this immediately following us taking our first lead and it was just horrendous. Kicked off that huge run of theirs 

35 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

I also hate to blame officiating because it normally evens out, however what's up with the refs allowing the raptors to mug our players almost every possession? Its like watching Prison Rec ball. 

I can't count how many times I've seen the trailing defenders hook or hold one of our players trying to get free.  Then you've got the constant reaching and slapping that has barely been called.  You've got Lowery flopping all over the place (wasn't flopping supposed to be a foul or technical foul).  Wrap that all up with the obvious Kawhi no calls and I'm surprised we are only down 2-1.  All the replays show obvious fouls. 

I guess all this is why I've lost a little interest in the Nba the past 7 years because its honestly the worst officiated professional sport.  I was a Season ticket holder until the strike shortened season burnt me out when the league crammed the full season into a shortened period.  I was hoping the playoff birth would relight that passion to become a season ticket holder again...

Raptors are just out physical-ling  us and getting away with it. You could see this on that very first call against Fournier. He got called for an elbow when Lowrey was literally laying all over him. If the referee's are going to let that go we don't have a chance.

46 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

Raptors are just out physical-ling  us and getting away with it. You could see this on that very first call against Fournier. He got called for an elbow when Lowrey was literally laying all over him. If the referee's are going to let that go we don't have a chance.

That’s playoff basketball. You play as physical as you can because the refs swallow the whistle more and you operate on the mentality that if you foul 3-4 every play, there’s no way the refs call all of them. AG was physical with Kawhi and it slowed him up a ton, nobody was physical with Siakam, so he ate all night.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s playoff basketball. You play as physical as you can because the refs swallow the whistle more and you operate on the mentality that if you foul 3-4 every play, there’s no way the refs call all of them. AG was physical with Kawhi and it slowed him up a ton, nobody was physical with Siakam, so he ate all night.

They're deeper than we are so they can afford to play more physically. If Isaac or Gordon get in foul trouble it's devastating for us

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They're deeper than we are so they can afford to play more physically. If Isaac or Gordon get in foul trouble it's devastating for us

Truth. It’s why the Raptor fans that are claiming we’re getting the benefit of the whistle are driving me crazy this series. Yes, you guys are getting called for more fouls, because you’re fouling significantly more.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Truth. It’s why the Raptor fans that are claiming we’re getting the benefit of the whistle are driving me crazy this series. Yes, you guys are getting called for more fouls, because you’re fouling significantly more.

Yeah. They're playing a significantly more physical brand of defense. Our strategy all season has been defending without fouling. It's not a surprise we're getting more whistles. 

I love that they think there's a league conspiracy to get more magic games.