Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Friday, April 19th at 7:00 P.M.

I didn't get to watch this game but I am hardly surprised by the outcome. This isn't going to be the same old Raptors, and it isn't a travesty to lose to them. I'd be ecstatic to win two playoff games. I'm incredibly satisfied that we even get a playoff series this year. More fuel to the fire for the future for sure as these guys get older and more capable. Good attempt at a comeback and now they know how hard it is in the playoffs. Considering my personal idea of their  record this was for a 32-35 win season, we can't POSSIBLY be mad at these young fellas.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

He couldnt miss because the magic let him get comfortable shooting the worst percentages and opening a runway to the rim in game 2.  He wouldn't be so comfortable in a close game or down 10 points.  

Assuming you're talking about Kawhi, we clearly made the adjustment from game 2 and made him work a lot harder and have an inefficient and mistake-prone game 3. If we can find an adjustment against Siakam as well, they will have no offense.

Listening to Clifford’s presser, we honestly played better than Toronto for the majority of the 2nd half. Other than the start of the 3rd quarter and the 3 minute stretch after we gained the lead, we won the game. We have to come out with intensity at the starts of halves and keep our defensive intensity constant (Looking at you Fournier) but I don’t think this should be some death knell for this team 

20 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

He remained much more active and more of a threat after Gasol came back in. It’s possible that Vuc won’t play well in game 4, but he continued to play well when Gasol came back in

Exactly. I know he has been bad in the first 2.5 games but he had a good consistent 2nd half. 

12 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

You gotta understand.  All the necessary adjustments have been made by Toronto.  They're basically water walking over us right now.  You've seen Fournier play terrible for 2 games and Vucevic play terrible for the entire series.  Fournier is missing wide open shots showing that he can't be relied on at all in the NBA on this stage.   Vucevic is falling apart mentally.  He just does not have anything on an out of prime...34 year old Marc Gasol.  Wouldn't you consider..that absolutely embarrassing?   

There are few adjustments that can be made but Toronto is better than the Magic.  They have much more mismatches to exploit than the Magic.   I've literally seen this game 3 times   Its the same story.   

It didn't have to come down to a rebound if Fournier and Vucevic did what they were suppose to do. 

Toronto had 58 wins, of course they’re better. Marc Gasol’s game ages well because he plays on the ground. Let’s not act like him being 34 matters at this point, with player careers extending across the board. They also doubled down low a lot and we missed open threes.

We could have folded after going down almost 20 points in the 4th, but didn’t. Fournier missed big shots. Isaac missed open shots. Too many drives ended in kick outs that could have been layups or drawn fouls. Vuc was passive for most of the game. Guys overhelped a lot, giving up open threes. These are all bad things, but the point is that this was a close game. It’s not over. We are the worse team, so our mistakes make a bigger difference than theirs. That doesn’t mean it’s time to give up. Appreciate the heart and hustle. Wait until the offseason to worry about changing the team. Until then, enjoy the games.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

What game were you watching? Much like game 2, we got more fouls called on them because they’re literally hacking away every single time we touch it. They’ve definitely adopted the mantra that the refs won’t call every foul. Gasol and Ibaka should’ve fouled out twice

Through the whole game they got to the line 7 times until we intentionally fouled them at the end. So I don't know what you are talking about

31 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Isaac always being benched in the 4th is ridiculous 

I know I mentioned it in the regular season arguably best defender sitting in the 4th quarter of a playoff game 

23 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Assuming you're talking about Kawhi, we clearly made the adjustment from game 2 and made him work a lot harder and have an inefficient and mistake-prone game 3. If we can find an adjustment against Siakam as well, they will have no offense.

Exactly. He didn't have easy game because the game wasn't over after the second.  Remember, Toronto had the lead for the entire game for game 2.  The Magic were one run from being down an insurmountable deficit.  They never stood a chance in this game.  This was their ultimate chance to prove themselves but they failed again because of the same two guys not doing what they're suppose to do.  

9 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Through the whole game they got to the line 7 times until we intentionally fouled them at the end. So I don't know what you are talking about

If you just box score watch by free throw attempts it seems we got the favorable whistle, sure. But we were more aggressive on offense and they were swiping like crazy on D. Also, Brothers and co stripped us of at least 3 and-1s

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

. . .Guys overhelped a lot, giving up open threes. These are all bad things, but the point is that this was a close game. It’s not over. We are the worse team, so our mistakes make a bigger difference than theirs. That doesn’t mean it’s time to give up. Appreciate the heart and hustle. Wait until the offseason to worry about changing the team. Until then, enjoy the games.

I like and agree with the part about guys over helping. I saw that happen twice. There was the time when one of Toronto's players had already been stopped from making a layup. A Magic teammate left the Raptors guy that he was guarding at the corner 3 and ran over to the basket to HELP. The ball was thrown back to the man he had been guarding and a 3 pt. shot was made.