Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Tuesday, April 16th at 8:00 P.M.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Fournier couldn't execute a simple post pass, cut, clear out. 

Passed it to vucevic in the post, inexplicably decided to run right into him and stand there allowing his man to double vucevic. 

Buddy ball was shook last night. 

Yea I saw that being discussed on twitter. It's actually quite amazing how flustered we got once they punched us in the mouth. Most of the basketball being played by us didn't even resemble high school ball let alone NBA level ability. The inability to recognize double teams, react quickly and pass out of them was the most frustrating thing to me. Sacrifice your offense and just make a good play. 

But whatever we have shown the ability to bounce back all year. Just hoping our guys can get a little tougher and a lot smarter. 

Leonard looked like Kobe yesterday 

his penetration and jumper at the top of the key is unstoppable 

our whole defense was atrocious, we didn’t even contest any shots, we did not get pressure, we let easy penetrations flow for them 

vuc has looked awful both games, siakam feasted on isaac, dj was not at his best 

hoping for a ferocious rant from Clifford so they wake up for the next game 

we need to have way more intensity and much better defense 

On 4/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't want to see Fournier with any more responsibility than he already has. He is already having trouble making good decisions. The last thing I want to do is take the ball out of the hands of DJ who is our smartest/safest player. 

This, 110%.

I told you all a few games ago, when vuc and Fournier were having good games that it was fool's gold.

On 4/17/2019 at 7:43 AM, magicblue said:

I disagree. We need a couple days to let this one go, regroup, and come up with a winning game plan and attitude. Cliff has got to get these guys playing more physical basketball also, because Toronto is going to push the envelope on physicality as far as the refs will allow. We can’t play soft (talking to you Vuc)

Amen!!!!!!!!  It's like the little girl in a commercial a few years back when she tells her brother, "don't touch me!"

Will be interesting to see how if we bounce back Friday. It seems the physicality of the playoffs has zapped Vooch and Fournier of whatever offensive production they had during the regular season. If we can't get any kind of outside shot going, then maybe we should have our guys (not talking about Vooch) drive and attack the basket. We might be able to get ourselves into the bonus earlier and if we have success maybe that will get them to pull back more into the paint, which could open up for an easier outside shot.

2 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Will be interesting to see how if we bounce back Friday. It seems the physicality of the playoffs has zapped Vooch and Fournier of whatever offensive production they had during the regular season. If we can't get any kind of outside shot going, then maybe we should have our guys (not talking about Vooch) drive and attack the basket. We might be able to get ourselves into the bonus earlier and if we have success maybe that will get them to pull back more into the paint, which could open up for an easier outside shot.

In my opinion, that is what made them successful toward the end of the regular season--driving and attacking the basket--also played uptempo.

I think the Magic are overthinking. They should play their game and what got them into the playoffs.

Also, they are not passing the ball around enough so that it touches as many hands as possible to throw the Raptors off defensively They need to make the Raptors scramble on defense and not be able to do so much double teaming.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

In my opinion, that is what made them successful toward the end of the regular season--driving and attacking the basket--also played uptempo.

I think the Magic are overthinking. They should play their game and what got them into the playoffs.

Also, they are not passing the ball around enough so that it touches as many hands as possible to throw the Raptors off defensively They need to make the Raptors scramble on defense and not be able to do so much double teaming.

Yep! Good points! +1 from me!! :-)

4 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Slow and unathletic is a bad recipe for the playoffs 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Agree about the passing, or lack thereof last game.  I’m a little more ambivalent about the driving to the basket. I saw Gordon and Fournier try to force drives repeatedly, going one on three or one on four.  It usually didn’t work out well.  

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Agree about the passing, or lack thereof last game.  I’m a little more ambivalent about the driving to the basket. I saw Gordon and Fournier try to force drives repeatedly, going one on three or one on four.  It usually didn’t work out well.  

But if they play uptempo, and run hard, 3 or 4 of the opponents players are not going to get to the basket to do any kind of double teaming. There is always (or should be) one of the Magics' teammates trailing to kick the ball out to them. I've seen it done so many times.

LeBron is only one of  few players who could always run the ball down and block it.