Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Tuesday, April 16th at 8:00 P.M.

What do you guys think about switching and putting Isaac on Leonard and AG on Siakam? Just thinking Isaac's length might bother Leonard a bit more on those tough mid-range jumpers.

8 minutes ago, magicblue said:

What do you guys think about switching and putting Isaac on Leonard and AG on Siakam? Just thinking Isaac's length might bother Leonard a bit more on those tough mid-range jumpers.

Isaac has been iffy on the perimeter most of this season. 

I don't think we really need to make a change in how we defend. That actually wasn't terrible. I think we need to prevent turnovers and fix the offense. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Isaac has been iffy on the perimeter most of this season. 

I don't think we really need to make a change in how we defend. That actually wasn't terrible. I think we need to prevent turnovers and fix the offense. 

As you pointed out, the Raptors have exploited one of our weaknesses. It will be interesting to see what Clifford comes up with. IMO, it will bode very well for him if he can right the ship, so to speak, and get us back to our winning ways. Playing at home will help, but now it is our turn to hit them in the mouth and impose our will. 

Pretty sure Gordon's defense isn't why Leonard scored 37. From what I saw, almost all of those points came off switches or crazy heaves that went in with Gordon draped all over him. Pretty much just like the 25 he had in game 1, when everyone admitted Gordon played great D despite Leonard's #s. Leonard is just playing out of his mind right now, and the team didn't do well switching on to him last night 

43 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

As you pointed out, the Raptors have exploited one of our weaknesses. It will be interesting to see what Clifford comes up with. IMO, it will bode very well for him if he can right the ship, so to speak, and get us back to our winning ways. Playing at home will help, but now it is our turn to hit them in the mouth and impose our will. 

I wonder if we should switch everything even though it exploits vucevic and see if forcing them to slow everything down and go isolation heavy screws up their offensive flow

20 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Pretty sure Gordon's defense isn't why Leonard scored 37. From what I saw, almost all of those points came off switches or crazy heaves that went in with Gordon draped all over him. Pretty much just like the 25 he had in game 1, when everyone admitted Gordon played great D despite Leonard's #s. Leonard is just playing out of his mind right now, and the team didn't do well switching on to him last night 

For the record, I agree. This isn't a knock on AG. Its more about potentially giving Leonard another look when he's smoking hot. Also it allows AG to expend maybe 10% less energy during the course of the game guarding Siakam, because unlike Isaac, we are actually counting on him to deliver on the offense end also. Its just a thought, particularly if Leonard gets off to another hot start.

If Issac hits his shots our offense will look a lot better. He had a couple of good looks last game he just missed, and MCW needs to start hitting those floaters when he gets into the lane

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

He is not far off. DJ is a great shooter and having him play that role as an off the ball shooter will not be a bad idea. Just for a few plays here and there. 

The problem is thus far Fournier hasn't shown the ability to execute what us being suggested. DJ off the ball is fine. Fournier with the ball is not. 

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

The problem is thus far Fournier hasn't shown the ability to execute what us being suggested. DJ off the ball is fine. Fournier with the ball is not. 

Fournier couldn't execute a simple post pass, cut, clear out. 

Passed it to vucevic in the post, inexplicably decided to run right into him and stand there allowing his man to double vucevic. 

Buddy ball was shook last night. 

36 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I wonder if we should switch everything even though it exploits vucevic and see if forcing them to slow everything down and go isolation heavy screws up their offensive flow

Seems like a good idea. It might be one of those things where, like a lot of things, including us, teams are good a dishing it out, but they can't take it when someone does it to them. If we can shut their offense down the way they shut our offense down, then that may give us the confidence we need, which may carry over to our offense. I still love 'em, but our young team is going through some growing pains and are pressing. If they can regain their composure, their offense may follow.