Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Tuesday, April 16th at 8:00 P.M.

2 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Good news is we’ve essentially reduced this down to a 5 game series where we have home court advantage. For all the things we’ve done wrong so far, it’s time to put up or shut up. Defend our home court and we go to Toronto on the brink of winning the series.

Just watched the game. There is a lot our team can learn (about themselves, and x's & O's) from a loss like this. Whatever happens, I am so glad we made the playoffs this year. You can't substitute game experiences like what we saw last night during the regular season. As with ya'll, I am a little bummed that we lost, but I believe this is really going to help us in the long run.

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We've had several years now of guys with vucevic's skill set being almost unplayable in the playoffs. Teams hunt for weaknesses more and it's more difficult to post up. 

I expected vucevic to be inefficient on offense and hunted on defense but tonight he couldn't even pass the ball on offense and couldn't score at all. And on top of that they put him in 30 pick and rolls and used that to break down our defense. 

It’s quite painful to watch your all-star become your worst starting player. Vooch has been completely bottled up on offense and torched repeatedly on his switch on defense. I hope he/we can adjust but I’m not sold.

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Hard to look at those numbers. Vooch has been very bad, and Fournier, Ross and Isaac have been below average. Let’s go, fellas! Time to grow up!

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Coach Cliff calling it like it is. Both refreshing and concerning. We looked like a bunch of kids that haven’t been here before, which is fitting, because we haven’t. Also, we have to change how we’ve been running our offense all year because of how bad Vooch has been. Game 3 can’t get here soon enough 

I disagree. We need a couple days to let this one go, regroup, and come up with a winning game plan and attitude. Cliff has got to get these guys playing more physical basketball also, because Toronto is going to push the envelope on physicality as far as the refs will allow. We can’t play soft (talking to you Vuc)

This is Vooch’s time to justify his expected big payday. This is where the rubber meets the road to make the necessary adjustments when it really counts (the playoffs); same with Fournier; otherwise our team could look different next season. Time to step it up men!

I expect that games at home to be different.  Would be surprised if we don't grab 1.

I went back and watched the tape. Only 5 of kawhi's points were due to poor defense by Gordon. 

A three with 4:47 left in the second. He watches a lob to siakam that siakam screws up. While he's watching that happen he loses Kawhi and gets screened in the back by Gasol so he's late contesting. 

A dunk with 2:26 left in the third. He tries to cheat on a screen by jumping left almost like he's trying to ice the screen (nobody else played it this way so you have to assume Gordon blew the coverage) but it gives Kawhi a wide open lane to the basket. 

There were two other plays where Gordon played poor defense and Kawhi just missed. 

Most of kawhi's buckets came heavily contested, in transition with mismatches, or through blown pick and roll coverages by vucevic. 

Kawhi's first made shot of the game 11:47 of the first was probably the best Vuc played the pick and roll all game. Gordon was screened by Gasol twice. Vucevic picked up Kawhi. He gave up a free throw line jumper but was close enough to contest. Kawhi just made it. 

This is contrasted by terrible coverage by vucevic two minutes later. 9:07 in the first. Vuc helps on Kawhi, Gordon drops off a bit to contain Gasol, vucevic gives up a uncontested 8 footer. 

Kawhi's next two made shots come from the exact same spot. One a fournier turnover, the next Fournier picks up Kawhi in transition and literally doesn't jump to contest the shot. 

Highly contested 17 footer with Gordon on him with 3:03

Layup with 8:28 left where Gordon contests but Kawhi just gets into his chest. 

Vuc gets switched onto him with 11:30 in the third and does about as well as you can expect but Kawhi hits the pull up three. 

9:46 in the third Vuc does a good job trapping Kawhi and the double forces him into the corner. Kawhi hits a step back long two. 

9:12 Kawhi gets Augustin on him and just uses size

8:04 Vuc plants his feet at the elbow and doesn't keep Kawhi in front. 

5:36 Vuc does a similar thing again. Breaks contain. 

5:23 Vuc turns it over and Kawhi pushes Fournier out of the way for a layup. 

20 seconds left in the third Kawhi hits a contested step back three with Gordon on him. 

8:48 Kawhi hits an open three. Ross blows coverage, Isaac leaves Kawhi to help at the rim, Fournier rotates slow. 

• Upvote 1