Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the posts from posters the past 17+ hours would like to see the Raptors eliminated. As I posted a couple of pages ago, I just don't like Lowry. He plays dirty and complains too much to the refs about someone fouling him. Don't forget he is a flopper.

As someone mentioned, these playoffs have been amazing.

And MagicOne posted at the end of the regular season 'how strange it was going to be without LeBron in the playoffs'. My response was it was going to be a whole lot better without so much attention on him, allowing other very good players and teams to showcase their talents. 

Agreed. I think the 2nd round series have been extremely entertaining. My favorite series to this point has been the Denver/Portland series. Watching Jokic go for 65 minutes in a game was both amazing and painful.

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I feel like if you flipped your sentence just changing player names around it could mean close to the same thing.

Kawhi will slow down Giannis and the Bucks will be done. Antetokounmpo has carried this team Alone. Period.

It’ll be an interesting series for sure. Lowry/Bledsoe is a push, depending on Brogdon’s health, he’s better than Green, Giannis vs Kawhi is a push, Middleton vs Siakam is a push, Gasol vs Lopez is a push. What really killed Toronto against Philly was their bench, they only ran 7 guys last night! On depth alone, I’ll take the Bucks, but it should be fun

Once again watch the rebounding totals.  Toronto was 22nd in the league in rebounding, Milwaukee was 1st and Philly was 3rd.  Every game Philly won they won the rebounding battle pretty significantly.  When Toronto won rebounding was close or Toronto even won (last game Toronto won 49-41.) So Milwaukee is even a  better rebounding team than Philly.  Milwaukee better team shooting % than Philly and if Middleton can hit 3 pointers like he did against Boston Toronto will be severely challenged.  Boston had NO answer for Giannis so we will see if Toronto does.  Toronto's reserves will have to show up if that is even possible.  I concur with Barkley Giannis is one of two "indefensible" players (other is KD) in the NBA.  Lopez will pull Gasol out allowing Giannis room to operate inside (foul trouble for Toronto coming).  I would probably try Giannis on Siakam to totally negate Siakam.  Kawhi cannot beat the Bucks alone.

9 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Agreed. I think the 2nd round series have been extremely entertaining. My favorite series to this point has been the Denver/Portland series. Watching Jokic go for 65 minutes in a game was both amazing and painful.

yes it was awesome!

22 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the posts from posters the past 17+ hours would like to see the Raptors eliminated. As I posted a couple of pages ago, I just don't like Lowry. He plays dirty and complains too much to the refs about someone fouling him. Don't forget he is a flopper.

As someone mentioned, these playoffs have been amazing.

And MagicOne posted at the end of the regular season 'how strange it was going to be without LeBron in the playoffs'. My response was it was going to be a whole lot better without so much attention on him, allowing other very good players and teams to showcase their talents. 

It's so refreshing to see the league finally saved from that toxic, synthetic, exasperated, I hope the Lakers miss the playoffs again next season. I dont think they will but it would be great for the rest of authentic NBA if they did.

I love seeing the east being strong this season.  I just wish it was last year that this happened.  Its bitter that the east didnt eliminate lebron but it is sweet that he didnt make the west playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ~O~ said:

It's so refreshing to see the league finally saved from that toxic, synthetic, exasperated, I hope the Lakers miss the playoffs again next season. I dont think they will but it would be great for the rest of authentic NBA if they did.

I love seeing the east being strong this season.  I just wish it was last year that this happened.  Its bitter that the east didnt eliminate lebron but it is sweet that he didnt make the west playoffs.  

I like LeBron just fine but do have a healthy disdain for all things Lakers. The playoffs have been just fine without the Lakers in it for over half a decade. I think that other markets getting shine is good for the league. The East is set up to be gritty and competitive for years. That is also very good for the league. More rivalries which is good for the league in an upcoming post LeBron era. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So is ESPN the go to for draft info? Where do yall go now that draftexpress isn't around?

I go to tankathon. There used to be a site that aggregates all the major mocks.  

Oh no she didn't! I saw mom Curry stand up and applaud Steph when he made that 3 pt shot. The shame! Dad Curry kinda looked down as to say "I can't do that, the camera is on us". Hahaha!

I don't think Seth Curry was in the game. But what if he was on the bench and was able to see his mom STAND UP to applaud Steph when he made the 3 pt  shot. This is some entertaining basketball!

The Blazers are done. This series is over. O....V...E....R. Over. They have no chance to win. NONE. It will be cruise control for Steph on his way to the Finals. The Raptors versus Bucks series will be more competitive. This series is men versus boys. They won't need KD. Steph has this on lock. Plus by them sweeping or winning in 5 games it will give Durant more time to fully heal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Somehow the Blazers are still in this. Hope they grind it out with a big fourth quarter 

Dude really ? Lol. The Warriors were toying with them like a cat playing with a mouse until he gets bored and then gobbles him up like a Thanksgiving turkey on the 4th of July.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2