Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

It's weird that Toronto is doing exactly what it wants to do but James Ennis and Mike Scott are outplaying Danny Green, Ibaka, and Fred VanVleet so they have to go to a game 7. 

24 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

it only takes a super idiot GM to offer butler a max extension

guy's game will rapidly decline and is a locker room poison if he is not in an ultra contending team

Not that I'm in favor of signing him but I'm not sure his game will rapidly decline. He only has 523 games and 17000 minutes on him. 

He's got the basketball mileage of a 27 year old. 

The reason we expect a guy like Mike Conley to decline soon isn't just because he's almost 32, it's because he's approaching 800 games and 26,000 minutes. 

Butler should have 3 seasons left in him for the same reason Wade was still good in his age 35 season. 

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Not that I'm in favor of signing him but I'm not sure his game will rapidly decline. He only has 523 games and 17000 minutes on him. 

He's got the basketball mileage of a 27 year old. 

The reason we expect a guy like Mike Conley to decline soon isn't just because he's almost 32, it's because he's approaching 800 games and 26,000 minutes. 

Butler should have 3 seasons left in him for the same reason Wade was still good in his age 35 season. 

Im intrigued by Butler in Orlando. But Sixers should keep him. Let Tobias walk and get some bench shooters.

37 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

The Rockets are such a disappointment. Utah has the best chance to beat GS no? Jokic has to me a nightmare for anyone to guard on GS. 

Utah? I thought Utah was eliminated.

I thought the Rockets were going to eliminate my Warriors after KD got hurt. Anything is possible. You shouldn't doubt the Warriors. I had to apologize for doubting (my 2nd favorite team) would make it to the Western Finals.

Edit:  I know that you meant Jokic plays for the Denver Nuggets. The last time GS played Denver, they beat them 116-102. That was 8 games away from the end of the regular season.

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I thought the Rockets were going to eliminate my Warriors after KD got hurt. Anything is possible. You shouldn't doubt the Warriors. I had to apologize for doubting (my 2nd favorite team) would make it to the Western Finals.

Edit:  I know that you meant Jokic plays for the Denver Nuggets. The last time GS played Denver, they beat them 116-102. That was 8 games away from the end of the regular season.

Yea I don't know why but those two teams are easily interchangeable for me. Plus the stress of my wife being gone for two days while I tend to our two boys one of which is sick...not really in the right frame of mind. 

Interested to see what happens Sunday. 

6 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

The Rockets are such a disappointment. Utah has the best chance to beat GS no? Jokic has to me a nightmare for anyone to guard on GS. 

Warriors will mop the floor with Denver. If they lose to anyone, big if, it will be Milwaukee/Toronto

• Upvote 1

I love kd, but his injury--**somebody help me with a big word**--was sort of a blessing(?).

KD played a lot of iso and put up big numbers, but it affected the entire team adversely. The Warriors history has been getting as many players involved in offense/scoring.

The Rockets game planned to stop kd and he was locked into playing iso to the point the other teammates were out of rhythm. Last night, Curry had 0 points in the first half. He was benched and (along with kd's injury) allowed for all of the bench players to sub in, and they did a terrific job of keeping the Warriors in the game until the starters came in and won it.

Half way through the 4th quarter, I put my computer on mute because it appeared GS might lose the game. (I use hulu when I'm away from my home in Florida)  I clicked on another tab to browse somewhere else on my computer.  In the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter, I clicked back on hulu and what did I see?  The Warriors were ahead like 104 - 80 something and Curry had scored 33 pts.

NO  TEAM is going to dethrone GS in the NBA finals.

38 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I love kd, but his injury--**somebody help me with a big word**--was sort of a blessing(?).

Bittersweet

13 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Congrats to your Warriors.  Thought it would go 7 games after KD went down.  Impressed with Warrior's defense especially when they went 1-3-1 to to limit Harden (took the ball out of his hands).  Move was coaching genius and is one part of Warrior's team that does not seem to get the credit it deserves.  I thought Rockets were way out coached last night.