Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Seth woke up this morning thinking he was Steph. Actually rooting for Portland in the West. 

It must be difficult for their parents. . .which one to root for. . . if both of their sons end up playing each other in the conference finals.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm disappointed in both Steph and the entire Warriors team for not playing with any kind of urgency. Steph kept walking the ball up the court, giving the Rockets time to set up on defense. Then he missed 2 uncontested layups - one trying to dunk and missed.  (What was he thinking?) 

I watched Steph's body language and it appeared that his head was not in the game.

You all know I am a Warriors fan, but Steph is not a good defender. Never has been as far as I'm concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

It must be difficult for their parents. . .which one to root for. . . if both of their sons end up playing each other in the conference finals.

I’d go for Seth. He’s had the harder path and Steph has three already. Having said that, it’s a Sophie’s choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

 

Best player in the league in my opinion. If I'm starting a team from scratch Kawhi is my first pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 9:33 PM, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Best player in the league in my opinion. If I'm starting a team from scratch Kawhi is my first pick. 

Last night Kenny Smith and Barkley (after he hilariously butchered the word) talked about "indefensible" players in the league.  They specifically mentioned KD and Giannis.  I think I would be hard pressed not to add Kawhi and Harden to that list.  Players like these keep your team in every game.  I am hoping either or both Fultz and Isaac (our best chances and it will take time) can get close to this level/tier.  If not that player is not on our roster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:49 PM, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm disappointed in both Steph and the entire Warriors team for not playing with any kind of urgency. Steph kept walking the ball up the court, giving the Rockets time to set up on defense. Then he missed 2 uncontested layups - one trying to dunk and missed.  (What was he thinking?) 

I watched Steph's body language and it appeared that his head was not in the game.

You all know I am a Warriors fan, but Steph is not a good defender. Never has been as far as I'm concerned.

Do not include KD in that group.  Kenny Smith called him indefensible which is true.  For the life of me I cannot understand, when the game is on the line, why KD does  not touch the ball on  virtually every play down the court.  If Warriors lose this series (now 2-2 and I still think they will win but are leaving the door open) it will be on them not getting the ball to KD enough.  KD leaving, after his year, is probably best for the league, not necessarily you.  With him Warriors should not lose even though Barkley (?????) said Bucks will win it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Do not include KD in that group.  Kenny Smith called him indefensible which is true.  For the life of me I cannot understand, when the game is on the line, why KD does  not touch the ball on  virtually every play down the court.  If Warriors lose this series (now 2-2 and I still think they will win but are leaving the door open) it will be on them not getting the ball to KD enough.  KD leaving, after his year, is probably best for the league, not necessarily you.  With him Warriors should not lose even though Barkley (?????) said Bucks will win it all.

Hi OTH. I agree with you. Don't get me wrong, in the 1st game of this series, I gave KD high praises. I called him "The Man". He is carrying the team on his back, and he is playing 40+ minutes in round 2. But in game 3 the rockets were able to score with ease.

I know kd himself was not to blame, but he and the entire team were fouling too much and the reason for that is the Rockets had them scrambling on defense. They also turned the ball over a lot. They think they can get behind and then turn it on in the 4th quarter. This is the playoffs and this is not the same team that won the championship last season.

The Warriors starters are having to play too minutes in round 2 (32+ and kd has averaged 40) because the Rockets matches up well with them. The Rockets play physical.

The Warriors do not have a good bench. They lost David West, Nick Young, Javale McGhee, Patrick Mcaw from last season--players that helped them win last year's championship. I don't know why the Warriors shredded last year's team.

I am disappointed in Shaun Livingston. He use to be a good backup. I love myself some Iguodala. He was a backup but is starting during the playoffs. He's 35 yrs. old but he is trying and holding his own.

BTW, I know that during the playoffs, coaches normally reduce their rosters in terms  of their rotations. Not all of the players that played during the regular season get a chance to play during the playoffs unless there are injuries.

**I'm Done Venting.  :)

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Hi OTH. I agree with you. Don't get me wrong, in the 1st game of this series, I gave KD high praises. I called him "The Man". He is carrying the team on his back, and he is playing 40+ minutes in round 2. But in game 3 the rockets were able to score with ease.

I know kd himself was not to blame, but he and the entire team were fouling too much and the reason for that is the Rockets had them scrambling on defense. They also turned the ball over a lot. They think they can get behind and then turn it on in the 4th quarter. This is the playoffs and this is not the same team that won the championship last season.

The Warriors starters are having to play too minutes in round 2 (32+ and kd has averaged 40) because the Rockets matches up well with them. The Rockets play physical.

The Warriors do not have a good bench. They lost David West, Nick Young, Javale McGhee, Patrick Mcaw from last season--players that helped them win last year's championship. I don't know why the Warriors shredded last year's team.

I am disappointed in Shaun Livingston. He use to be a good backup. I love myself some Iguodala. He was a backup but is starting during the playoffs. He's 35 yrs. old but he is trying and holding his own.

BTW, I know that during the playoffs, coaches normally reduce their rosters in terms  of their rotations. Not all of the players that played during the regular season get a chance to play during the playoffs unless there are injuries.

**I'm Done Venting.  :)

  

Relax.  Rockets 2nd best team in basketball and, despite Barkley's claim, Bucks are not the 1st.  Warriors have some issues, but thye are ones every team would want to have.  Rciets, 2nd best team in basketball, barely won both games on their home floor and both could have gone either way.  Beecause of Harden anything can happen but it will require the other players helping (not on their home court) and that is highly improbable.  Winner of this series will win the title and I give it 80-20 Warriors.  Bigger issue is keeping KD.  If not they will have to be happy with their 4 titles because you cannot lose an "indefensible" player and stay the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

European Football (soccer) has been unbelievable. Congrats to my brothers from Liverpool

Unbelievable! Historical win

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×