Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

In 20 years nobody remembers the injuries. There may be an asterisk in some people's minds right now but there won't be one in the history books.

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

In 20 years nobody remembers the injuries. There may be an asterisk in some people's minds right now but there won't be one in the history books.

It's been less than a week and the Lakers signing AD has half overshadowed their win I feel. Very anticlimactic feel to it.

• Like 1

I don’t put an asterisk on the Raptors win, but I feel bad for their fans. If the Magic win a title I want them to beat the other team at full strength so I don’t get that anticlimactic feeling 

The asterisk talk is weird when it comes from Magic fans (speaking in general) because none of us felt that way when a KG-less Celtics team was defeated on our run to the finals.  

3 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

The asterisk talk is weird when it comes from Magic fans (speaking in general) because none of us felt that way when a KG-less Celtics team was defeated on our run to the finals.  

I heard it from so many people (not really Magic fans though). But yeah, no Jameer(he was an all star that season). He destroyed the Lakers in the regular season that year if I remember correctly. Probably part of why we brought him back for the Finals, but probably shouldn't have, especially not in crunch time defensively (didn't Fisher drain one in his eye at the end of a game or in OT?)

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Well, it was a Jameer-less matchup too, and the Warriors had multiple inuries this time.

That's kind of my point. Injuries happen. Every team plays who ever is in front of them. The asterisks conversation is dumb. 

4 hours ago, jjgator said:

I heard it from so many people (not really Magic fans though). But yeah, no Jameer(he was an all star that season). He destroyed the Lakers in the regular season that year if I remember correctly. Probably part of why we brought him back for the Finals, but probably shouldn't have, especially not in crunch time defensively (didn't Fisher drain one in his eye at the end of a game or in OT?)

I think even with Jameer at full strength in the Finals that year the Magic still get beat. If you remember Kobe was playing like a wild man on a mission. He was making faces like the Chucky doll.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That was 1 player. Warriors were missing the best player in the world basically and a top 3 SG in the world and Cousins arguably the best center in the world was clearly injured also

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MagicOne said:

I think even with Jameer at full strength in the Finals that year the Magic still get beat. If you remember Kobe was playing like a wild man on a mission. He was making faces like the Chucky doll.

No full strength Jameer and we win that series I'm sure of that. He tore the Lakers apart both regular season games

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

That was 1 player. Warriors were missing the best player in the world basically and a top 3 SG in the world and Cousins arguably the best center in the world was clearly injured also

And don't forget Kevon Looney. He played amazingly well as the starter during the regular season and until his injury, he did great as a backup to DeMarcus Cousins. I firmly believe that if Looney and Klay had not gone down and were able to play games 6 and 7 of the finals, Golden State could have won Game 6 and possibly Game 7.

The Rockets and the Raptors game planned for Cousins. They doubled and triple-teamed him. When Looney played center, that was not the case. But in my honest opinion, Looney was a better defender than Cousins. He was aggressive under the basket and a better passer. Offensively, he would jump and swat the ball out to his teammates after a missed basket. Like Vouch, Cousins did not jump more than 2 inches off the floor for a rebound.

On 6/17/2019 at 3:35 PM, TheNameIsOrlando said:

In the alternate universe where we won the title, the victories over the Cavs and Lakers would probably have overshadowed that. The Cavs one did anyway because nobody gave us a chance.