Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Hard to play ike that with 2 minutes left though

Hard to watch 2 great 3 point shooters bury 2 in a row. I'd rather take my chances with the lesser guys at the line and getting our own buckets on the other end.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Hard to watch 2 great 3 point shooters bury 2 in a row. I'd rather take my chances with the lesser guys at the line and getting our own buckets on the other end.

I think the intentional foul rules make what you are suggesting a bit difficult. 

3 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think the intentional foul rules make what you are suggesting a bit difficult. 

That's only if you foul before the ball is in play. Once it is in play it's just 2 shots unless you have a foul to give just like teams do all the time to stop the clock and try and get back in a game.

I got so pissed at a team I coached a few years ago. It was a championship game and we were up 3 with 4 seconds to go. I called for a 2 shot foul and they didn't do it. The other team hit a 3 to tie at the buzzer and we lost in overtime.

6 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Shame.  What a dude.  We won't be seeing Kevin Durant for about a year and half. Probably even two years.  He won't play next season.   Bless the dude.

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I think this injury will work on Golden States favor. They have to offer him the Max money without question and he should take it. If he is in a position to miss 2 years from this, it will be ideal for him to sign a 5 year vs a 4 year contract somewhere else and get the most money. 

I believe there are going to be other teams offering him max money, but some will be more hesitant as he might lose  2 years of the contract from this injury. I mean, That is 41 milliions per year or a possible total of 82 millions that you will be throwing away. Then you will only have 2 years left with him. I see the knicks been the only crazy team to do this. 

In my opinion, this injury raise his chances to stay significantly. I say, 90% chance he stays. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think this injury will work on Golden States favor. They have to offer him the Max money without question and he should take it. If he is in a position to miss 2 years from this, it will be ideal for him to sign a 5 year vs a 4 year contract somewhere else and get the most money. 

I believe there are going to be other teams offering him max money, but some will be more hesitant as he might lose  2 years of the contract from this injury. I mean, That is 41 milliions per year or a possible total of 82 millions that you will be throwing away. Then you will only have 2 years left with him. I see the knicks been the only crazy team to do this. 

In my opinion, this injury raise his chances to stay significantly. I say, 90% chance he stays. 

He's not missing 2 years. He'll miss 8 months. 

I should say he'll be cleared to return to basketball activities in 8 months. With that being close to March it wouldn't be surprising if his next team just held him out the entire season as to not risk his health just to come back for the final 16 games or so. But Rudy Gay was injured in January and played the following preseason, 8 months and change after his injury. 

The absolute worst case scenarios from the results of this single game are jarring.

For Durant -- career may never be the same.  Would be tragic to see an all-time great hampered in his prime as a result of this injury, but it's on the table.

For Toronto -- they lose the series.  Kawhi leaves to put the pain/embarrassment of the loss behind him. 

I still think Toronto wins the series b/c GS is so injured/exhausted, but these hypotheticals are franchise/legacy-altering.  I just can't get over what could happen to Toronto's trajectory if they go from 3:05 away from a title at home with a 6 point lead to losing the series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think the Warriors will be forced to throw a supermax at KD just to avoid a PR nightmare. The fans and media are ruthless nowadays

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think the Warriors will be forced to throw a supermax at KD just to avoid a PR nightmare. The fans and media are ruthless nowadays

I don't think they'll be forced to. I think they'll willingly do it. 

A Durant significantly effected by the Achilles just becomes Danilo gallinari with MVP upside. It's not like he's going to collapse into Jabari Parker.

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

The absolute worst case scenarios from the results of this single game are jarring.

For Durant -- career may never be the same.  Would be tragic to see an all-time great hampered in his prime as a result of this injury, but it's on the table.

For Toronto -- they lose the series.  Kawhi leaves to put the pain/embarrassment of the loss behind him. 

I still think Toronto wins the series b/c GS is so injured/exhausted, but these hypotheticals are franchise/legacy-altering.  I just can't get over what could happen to Toronto's trajectory if they go from 3:05 away from a title at home with a 6 point lead to losing the series.

I wouldn't put money on it but I think Tornto will finish this Thursday night. They really blew it last night. Missed some wide open shots that could have sealed the deal.

Also have to agree with Lewis that even if KD is never the same, he'll still be great. Though his hampered ability to change directions will not hurt his offensive game much, the effect on his elite defense might be more substantial. But he still has great instincts, "IQ" and ridiculous length.

7 minutes ago, jec said:

Also have to agree with Lewis that even if KD is never the same, he'll still be great. Though his hampered ability to change directions will not hurt his offensive game much, the effect on his elite defense might be more substantial. But he still has great instincts, "IQ" and ridiculous length.

Agree, he will still be great.  Still feels pretty ****ty when the alternative is "top 10 all time".

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I agree