Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Steph, Klay, and Draymond have been playing out of their mind since. 

If FVV continues to shoot 80% from 3 on high volume they have a chance but it's still going to be tough

Yes, they have been producing at high level. What I would fear if I am golden state is how to effectively contain Leonard without risking foul trouble for Thompson/green. If iguodala can handle him or limit him, then they win it. If he can’t, green will be forced to play out of position and the bigs will eat them alive 

3 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Yes, they have been producing at high level. What I would fear if I am golden state is how to effectively contain Leonard without risking foul trouble for Thompson/green. If iguodala can handle him or limit him, then they win it. If he can’t, green will be forced to play out of position and the bigs will eat them alive 

Cousins might be the key (coming off the bench) in containing Toronto's bigs. But I feel a bit nervous about Cousins, especially after not playing since April. I actually felt that GS played better without him. In this situation (the Finals) against Toronto, GS needs all of the bodies they can use to pull this one out.

In a sports article in Yahoo! the writer said that Ibaka would have a tough time guarding Cousins because he is so big and strong. (Note: Cousins and Ibaka would be coming in with the second unit at the center position).

Toronto really surprised me. As the Boss said, "at least we beat them at home"--so why can't the Warriors.

• Upvote 1

ESPN:  What's the most important thing to watch with the Warriors in this series?

MacMullan: If I'm Kerr, I'm plopping Steph Curry in the front row of the film room, splicing together a reel of his senseless, impulsive, ticky-tack, reach-in fouls, and forcing him to watch it. Twice. Toronto will attack Curry and force him to defend. He's no good to the Warriors on the bench.

I have said this before in previous posts. Steph tends to get into foul trouble early. And as the writer said, he makes some of the dumbest fouls. (The writer didn't say dumbest, I did.)  :D

Then he has that silly grin on his face. It's not funny. :(

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26825577/5-5-most-excited-nba-finals

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Cousins is active for the Dubs and I’m not entirely convinced that that’s a good thing

It would be helpful if he came off the bench

Just want to celebrate the Raptors. Their transformation this year is staggering. Consider this: They have four new starters in their lineup compared to a year ago (Green, Leonard, Siakim and Gasol). That’s remarkable. Such grit, length and shooting. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Just want to celebrate the Raptors. Their transformation this year is staggering. Consider this: They have four new starters in their lineup compared to a year ago (Green, Leonard, Siakim and Gasol). That’s remarkable. Such grit, length and shooting. 

Gotta give some respect to Masai for going all in, as well.

In some ways we are a model of the Raptors: immobile center, long rangy forward, but they have a better back court and bench. We’re on our way, but need a star to develop to give us a bucket in a pinch like Leonard. 

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

In some ways we are a model of the Raptors: immobile center, long rangy forward, but they have a better back court and bench. We’re on our way, but need a star to develop to give us a bucket in a pinch like Leonard. 

They're good because 6 of their 8 man rotation are high level defenders (and Powell is just fine). So most of their lineups lack an exploitable weaknesses that opponents can key on. 

We're on our way to that with Isaac, Gordon, and iwundu already being good defenders and Fultz and Bamba projecting as high level defenders. We just need to dump vucevic and Fournier and figure out how to get a closer to carry the offense. 

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

I wouldn't characterize Gasol as immobile lol I'd say equally tenacious defender in the high and low post, immobility isnt something you try to pattern lol anyways Bamba should study him