Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

7 hours ago, The Boss said:

At least we won a playoff game in Toronto.

That was so cute, Boss. As I read your comment, I looked at your avatar picture, and the 2 were priceless.

I had to give you a +1.  :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

KD will miss at least game 1, wouldn’t surprise me if he missed the whole series. Get your popcorn ready

Don't say that All Eyes.    deep-sigh-smiley-emoticon.gif

I have to admit that the Warriors played better in the series against Portland without KD. But the Warriors had the weapons to beat the Blazers to get into the finals. 

The Warriors absolutely need KD to beat Toronto. I think KD gets it and understands that he should not play iso, instead move the ball around and get his teammates involved. 

The Warriors need to play the way they did in previous championships. And with them having weapons like KD and the Splash Brothers, Toronto will have to pick their poison.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Bucks this offseason. So many moves they have to make to keep the core. I see them losing Brogdon but they will be improving their bench. Bringing back JJ or even getting Ross in free agency will be great for them. They need to get a more defensive center. Birch or Dedmond will also be good. 

9 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And now Kawhi gets to match up with another Goliath in KD. If everybody shows up every game for the raps it will be a great series.

There is intrigue in this series even though I think it will be over early (Warriors in 4 or 5).  Last night Toronto reminded me of us when we got the the Finals against the Rockets.  They were elated/celebrated they are in the Finals while Warriors expected/did not overcelebrate getting there.  I think the combo defense of Iggy/Draymond against Kawhi will slow him down and the other one will take Siakim.  I would probably put Iggy on Kawhi first then double down with  Draymond.  And I think Raptors will be out coached. And  Raptors have not faced a team that can shoot like the Warriors even without KD.  Raptors just over matched as is every team in the East.    Warriors defense underrated and I am looking forward to all the offense/defense matchups in particular.     And I suspect we will see Warriors play a 1-3-1 zone like they effectively did against Harden at some point.  

7 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Wow Milwaukee folded up like an old rusty lounge chair from the 1960's. The Freak has some work to do to get to that next level. He is an excellent player for sure, but KL is a couple notches above him imho. 

So TMF gets her wish! It is indeed gonna be the Raptors facing the Warriors. I have the Warriors winning in 4 or 5 if Durant plays. If KD misses some or all of the action then I have Golden State taking the series in 5 or 6 games.

The reason I wanted the Warriors to play the Raptors in the Finals was because after the first 2 games that the Bucks won, it appeared that the Raptors were in over their heads. . . .Who knew!

Now, I am a little nervous because the Raptors have turned their game up a few notches.

In a reply to All Eyes On Me, I said that GS will absolutely need KD to play in the finals. If KD gets his other star players involved and stop with the iso, the Raptors will have to pick their poison.

And guess who will guard Kawhi, but none other than Mr. defense himself. . .Iguodala!!!!!!!  That is of course if he is not injured. He is one of my favorites on GS's team. 

Steph might get into foul trouble early against Lowry (the flopper). He (Lowry) is super fast on cuts to the basket and in using his screens. Lowry pushes the ball and plays low to the floor. That is hard for taller point guards to guard against. Lowry is 6'0". Steph is 6'3" and his backups Quinn Cook is 6'1",  Shaun Livingston is 6'7". Livingston is the first to come off the bench to sub for Steph.

The reason I mentioned this is Steph tends to get into early foul trouble. That's why he explodes in the 4th quarter. He has to make up for sitting on the bench most of the game. :)

Edit: I think the Raptors are going to game plan to take Steph out (that is, foul trouble).

43 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

If Durant doesn’t play, raptors will win this in 5 or 6

they have kawhi at an all time great level and they have much better depth/bench/bigs than the warriors 

I sadly agree.  deep-sigh-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Upvote 1