Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

Also got the feeling that was was a very unconvincing win. But I guess a W is W.. 

I think the Bucks take the next 2 and win 4-1

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The Athletic's Shams Charania reported after Game 3 that Lillard has separated ribs and is playing through the injury.

Portland Trail Blazers All-NBA star Damian Lillard has separated ribs and is playing through the injury, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Lillard shot 5-of-18 in Game 3 loss to Warriors.

Ouch, it'll be tough for him to breath much less play basketball.  But why is this coming out now?  Did it just happen, or they're about to get swept and want an excuse?

42 minutes ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Ouch, it'll be tough for him to breath much less play basketball.  But why is this coming out now?  Did it just happen, or they're about to get swept and want an excuse?

It’s all media spin. Dame was asked about it directly and said it’s not effecting his game much, but basketball media knows who their fan favorite sweethearts are and it knows the guys fans love to hate. Guys like Steph and Dame struggle and they must be hurt, guys like LeBron or KD struggle and they’re losing a step or there’s a problem with team chemistry.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Steph and Dame and they’re almost completely blameless in it, but it’s just how the media handles the league nowadays 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Hahaha! Hey Bebop, I can't stop laughing at your username. It is truly original. :) 

My question is, why is Damian playing with that type of injury? It should be painful to dribble, pass or shoot the ball. Some players get by playing with back problems. But separated ribs?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26782510/lillard-confirms-rib-injury-use-excuse

Once I had a fractured bone in my back. It was very painful I could not even turn a steering wheel. The neurosurgeon said to me that he didn't want to perform surgery and if I was careful and just didn't do anything that was strenuous, it would heal on its on.

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

That is about what separated ribs feel like.

I just Looked up an image of a separated rib. My question is: If it feels like you've been shot, how can he play with that pain? As I posted earlier, I had an acute fracture in one of the bones in my back (L5) It was painful if I coughed or while turning a steering wheel, etc. 

My fracture happened because I tried to be superwoman and lifted something that was really, really heavy. 

29 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I just Looked up an image of a separated rib. My question is: If it feels like you've been shot, how can he play with that pain? As I posted earlier, I had an acute fracture in one of the bones in my back (L5) It was painful if I coughed or while turning a steering wheel, etc. 

My fracture happened because I tried to be superwoman and lifted something that was really, really heavy. 

Sometimes you just have to suck it up. You can use nerve blockers temporarily. It's gonna be a long off-season to recover.

Back in the days when wars were fought with swords and axes if you stopped fighting just because you were in a lot of pain then your enemy would just kill you.

6 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Sometimes you just have to suck it up. You can use nerve blockers temporarily. It's gonna be a long off-season to recover.

Back in the days when wars were fought with swords and axes if you stopped fighting just because you were in a lot of pain then your enemy would just kill you.

Okay, thanks. But we will see tonight won't we?