Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

31 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Yes he is! I love watching him play. He has that long wing span(?). He is 6'9". I thought he was taller than that. He can dribble the ball from coast to coast and make layups.

He has that long body, can create shots for himself, and doesn't have to rely on banging or shoving the opponent with his elbow to get points in the paint.

He can get a little testy/edgy too. . .technicals.  I didn't know he had it in him.

I'm drooling. . .I hope one day we have someone who develops into that type of player. 

Ahhh. . .one can dream!

JI talkin bout my boi JI

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:
33 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Yes he is! I love watching him play. He has that long wing span(?). He is 6'9". I thought he was taller than that. He can dribble the ball from coast to coast and make layups.

He has that long body, can create shots for himself, and doesn't have to rely on banging or shoving the opponent with his elbow to get points in the paint.

He can get a little testy/edgy too. . .technicals.  I didn't know he had it in him.

I'm drooling. . .I hope one day we have someone who develops into that type of player. 

Ahhh. . .one can dream!

JI talkin bout my boi JI

Could be. At least I hope so!

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Ahhh. . .one can dream!

I can’t believe they can still get away with listing KD at 6’9”. Dude’s gotta be at least 6’11” if not 7’

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I can’t believe they can still get away with listing KD at 6’9”. Dude’s gotta be at least 6’11” if not 7’

I know. . .he looks as tall as some 7 footers on other teams. He towers over every other player (who's not 7') on other teams.

Danilo Gallinari of the Clippers is listed at 6'10". And did you see KD wind up and shoot that 3 pointer over Gallinari's outstretched arms? 

I love it. I love my Magic's efforts, but I am loving me some great playoff basketball right now!

I wish/hope the 6er's can pull off an upset over Toronto.

24 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Glad to see we’re not the only ones that couldn’t stop Kawhi and Siakam. 41 of the 49 Toronto points so far for that duo!

I wish we had played the 76ers in the 1st round. I believe we would have had more success against them.

I'm happy to see the pillsbury doughboy (Lowry) getting a taste of his own medicine. I can't remember who, but earlier in the game somebody tossed his fat behind to the floor and a foul was not called.  :D

The 6ers are like the Magic, they are getting exposed. Also, when they get the score down to single digits, they can't get over the hump.

Edit: It's not that their flaws hadn't been exposed during the regular season.

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The 6ers are like the Magic, they are getting exposed. Also, when they get the score down to single digits, they can't get over the hump.

Edit: It's not that their flaws hadn't been exposed during the regular season.

Toronto is specifically built to beat Philly. 

Arguably the only big man/center that is better than Vuch in the East Joel embiid is 4/14 from the field right now. I know it's one game but maybe we were a little too hard on Vuch

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Toronto is specifically built to beat Philly. 

I tell you what, even if Toronto managed to win the Eastern Conference championship and Golden State wins the west, Toronto definitely would not beat GS. This is based on the style of play that Toronto is using.

If you watched the GS and Clippers series, the Clippers gave GS all they could handle. The Clippers were playing fast and uptempo, and they have good scorers. 

Toronto plays at a slower pace which GS will exploit.

13 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Arguably the only big man/center that is better than Vuch in the East Joel embiid is 4/14 from the field right now. I know it's one game but maybe we were a little too hard on Vuch

Embiid is playing with an injury (left knee soreness). I wonder what Vuch's excuse was?  :)

Edit:   

"It's still not there. It's still trying to get better," Embiid said about his left knee. "But, we did a good job managing it [against the Nets]. Obviously I only averaged about 24 minutes last series,