Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

8 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Dame might be my favourite PG in the entire league. Not saying best but for me he is someone I would love to have. He is top top class

We need a perimeter scorer like that in order to take the next step

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

There's no real way to get that type of guy. 

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's no real way to get that type of guy. 

Unless Fultz becomes the player most thought he would be coming out of college. Or Gordon takes another big leap forward. 

Remember that Kawhi wasn't that guy coming out of college. He was the number 15 pick, and his first couple years were very forgettable. He didn't really start to become the player he is now until his 4th and 5th seasons - and yes, Aaron is in his 5th season; but Kawhi was playing/learning from Pop/Parker/Duncan/Ginobili and in the playoffs every year. Considering the culture prior to this year, its amazing Aaron's come as far as he has. I think these playoffs are going to be a huge learning and turning point for our young Mr. Gordon, and I do expect to see a leap next year as a result. I think our entire squad is getting some very valuable enlightenment about what it really takes to become a top team in this league. 

Edit: Also, Aaron was 19 for his entire first season, Kawhi was 20 for his. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yeah I agree. Maybe that develops from somebody here already. I trust this management to pull something out the bag

The degree to which Brown lost the locker room was amplified on March 25 when Ben Simmons sat out a 21-point loss to the Orlando Magic due to a “stomach virus.”

In actuality, a source close to the team told the Daily News, Simmons had spent the previous night partying in Orlando. The “stomach virus” was a fallacy, although that is nothing new for the Sixers organization. They used to do the same thing when Allen Iverson was partying and gambling his nights away in Atlantic City and showing up for practice hung over. Larry Brown was the mastermind of those cover-ups, although the stories eventually came out.

The situation has been in flux ever since, with the Sixers’ shoddy performances drawing boos from the home crowd after Game 1 – a dynamic that went away in Game 2 after the Sixers produced a 51-point third quarter and defeated the Nets 145-123 to even the series at a game apiece.

But there is more to the story than many people know.

A source who spoke to the Daily News on condition of anonymity said general manager Elton Brand made it known to ownership sometime before the trade deadline that the organization needed to consider trading Simmons because the youngster was simply not coachable, and was a regular-season player annually exposed in the playoffs.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/ny-sports-brett-brown-76ers-20190416-tto22hsfvje4zeq2y7egfkij2y-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The degree to which Brown lost the locker room was amplified on March 25 when Ben Simmons sat out a 21-point loss to the Orlando Magic due to a “stomach virus.”

In actuality, a source close to the team told the Daily News, Simmons had spent the previous night partying in Orlando. The “stomach virus” was a fallacy, although that is nothing new for the Sixers organization. They used to do the same thing when Allen Iverson was partying and gambling his nights away in Atlantic City and showing up for practice hung over. Larry Brown was the mastermind of those cover-ups, although the stories eventually came out.

The situation has been in flux ever since, with the Sixers’ shoddy performances drawing boos from the home crowd after Game 1 – a dynamic that went away in Game 2 after the Sixers produced a 51-point third quarter and defeated the Nets 145-123 to even the series at a game apiece.

But there is more to the story than many people know.

A source who spoke to the Daily News on condition of anonymity said general manager Elton Brand made it known to ownership sometime before the trade deadline that the organization needed to consider trading Simmons because the youngster was simply not coachable, and was a regular-season player annually exposed in the playoffs.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/ny-sports-brett-brown-76ers-20190416-tto22hsfvje4zeq2y7egfkij2y-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

**** just got real

We were 1-6 during the season when totaling under 20 assists. We ended the season on a 41 game streak of at least 20 assists, hadn’t happened since January 9th in the loss in Utah. Game 1 in Toronto we had 19 assists, game 2, 17. If we’re gonna stand a chance in this series, the ball’s gotta move better.

Also, Vucevic on the season vs the Raptors averaged 20 points and 15.5 boards. Through the playoffs so far 8.5 points and 7 boards.