Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Hornets - Wednesday, April 10th at 8:00 P.M.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I still think it makes more sense to give Fultz minutes even if it makes us take a small step backwards. 

Conley was more of an option if we didn't find a young player with high upside to trade for. 

I was thinking Fultz might end up being a better scoring Marcus Smart. I mean if the upside is higher I’m all for it. 

2 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

I was thinking Fultz might end up being a better scoring Marcus Smart. I mean if the upside is higher I’m all for it. 

Nah, Fultz is a good passer. His numbers were just lower due to playing with Simmons. 

He should basically be a slightly better MCW at worst. 

40 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah, Fultz is a good passer. His numbers were just lower due to playing with Simmons. 

He should basically be a slightly better MCW at worst. 

You don’t think running him with DJ at times would be potentially effective? 

12 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

You don’t think running him with DJ at times would be potentially effective? 

Yeah but that's more about DJ. He's a great catch and shoot guy. 

9 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

I keep seeing that the Magic will still pursue a PG. A lesser name like Rozier? 

I don't think we'll pursue a point guard. I think that's just what we said initially to keep our options open. People are just taking that Woj quote and running with it. But that quote was back when we were 22-32. I think recent success changes things. 

10 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Except it doesn't work that way - waiving Vuc would not save us $12M, as we are already over the salary cap. Waiving Vuc basically does nothing but bring us down closer to the cap. To get anywhere near the $30M in cap space it would take to get near Kemba, we would need to waive Grant, Martin, Vucevic, Ross, Birch, MCW, and/or Iwundu; and Waive/Stretch Mozgov. That would also mean we would lose out on the MLE, which is only for teams that are over the cap. You could start Kemba/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba; but your bench would be Augustin/Fultz/Frazier/16th pick and whatever free agents you can sign to minimum contracts. 

As much as I like Kemba as a player, I just don't think it is the right timing to chase a max agent this year. 

While I agree that it is a not  good timing to go after a FA this year your numbers and who needs to be waived are off .  Salary cap rises to $109 million for next year with luxury tax threshold rising to $132 million. Goes up again the following year to expected $116 million/141 Mil Luxury tax.  We could get to $24-$25 million this year, still not enough for Walker.   Ross and Vuc do not count against our salary cap as UFA's but could be signed even if cap is exceeded under the Free Agent exception rule.  It still makes more sense, financially, to pursue FA's after next yeaar (depending on whether we resing Ross and/or Vuc) or in 2020-2021 the year Fournier's contract is up.  Could get to max money one or both of those years.    If we are going after a FA, I want to go after a star which takes max money.  Of course that may all be moot if Fultz is healthy and becomes an All Star.

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

While I agree that it is a not  good timing to go after a FA this year your numbers and who needs to be waived are off .  Salary cap rises to $109 million for next year with luxury tax threshold rising to $132 million. Goes up again the following year to expected $116 million/141 Mil Luxury tax.  We could get to $24-$25 million this year, still not enough for Walker.   Ross and Vuc do not count against our salary cap as UFA's but could be signed even if cap is exceeded under the Free Agent exception rule.  It still makes more sense, financially, to pursue FA's after next yeaar (depending on whether we resing Ross and/or Vuc) or in 2020-2021 the year Fournier's contract is up.  Could get to max money one or both of those years.    If we are going after a FA, I want to go after a star which takes max money.  Of course that may all be moot if Fultz is healthy and becomes an All Star.

Vuc and Ross do count against our cap room. They have cap holds. 

17 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The prophecy has come alive. Jay Magic, I bow down to you, sir.

Haha nice one MP. Now let's take down the Raptors

13 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Jay, I responded late to your previous request for me to do the official playoff game thread. I had gone to bed.

Are you considering using this wallpaper for the official playoff game thread "banner"? It's awesome!

This is not mine. But do what your doing .. all good :-)

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

This is not mine. But do what your doing .. all good :-)

Thanks Jay. My graphics are done. I'm finishing up with the when, where and time of the game.

Since tomorrow (Friday) starts the weekend, and people get pretty busy, I'll post tomorrow afternoon.

Go Magic!!!!!

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Vuc and Ross do count against our cap room. They have cap holds. 

Thanks.  Looked at basketball insiders team salaries and  forgot sbout those cap holds.  That is Good, though, because if we have to jettison everybody to get Kemba, I would not  want to see  that.  I  freally like this team and the potential for what we can become.