Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Hornets - Wednesday, April 10th at 8:00 P.M.

4 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Actually it was me who called for the 42 wins.

Sorry to everyone who has you on ignore already, but bro, last 2 weeks you were crying about Kemba gonna Kemba and how we are losing this one. Why not enjoy the games and stop being a NotstradamusOne. Thanks!

4 hours ago, random said:

Sorry to everyone who has you on ignore already, but bro, last 2 weeks you were crying about Kemba gonna Kemba and how we are losing this one. Why not enjoy the games and stop being a NotstradamusOne. Thanks!

It’s a comedy thing. He clearly watches the games and knows the team inside and out. So like me personally, I don’t take him serious. It’s like we intentionally get names wrong, just a running joke. 

Seriously, watching the team in  November,December and January it's a freaking miracle they are 2 games over .500. 

Even as recently as those 3 horrible games after the All-star break. When Gordon fouled Markannen at the end of that Bulls game, i got to admit i thought same old team of losers.

I'm very happy to be wrong. Big ups to everyone for finishing strong. Congrats to Ross, Vucevic and especially DJ. for having career years.

Slow clap for Issac and Gordon for improving and love the direction from Clifford and We-Ham. 

I didn't see what they were trying to do. It's fantastic!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Seriously, watching the team in  November,December and January it's a freaking miracle they are 2 games over .500. 

Even as recently as those 3 horrible games after the All-star break. When Gordon fouled Markannen at the end of that Bulls game, i got to admit i thought same old team of losers.

I'm very happy to be wrong. Big ups to everyone for finishing strong. Congrats to Ross, Vucevic and especially DJ. for having career years.

Slow clap for Issac and Gordon for improving and love the direction from Clifford and We-Ham. 

I didn't see what they were trying to do. It's fantastic!

We started strong and then reverted back to the previous years but the week of the trade deadline things seemed to switch on. We had a few games we gave away when we came back but recovered from that too. They fought man. They deserve this, all of them. 

10 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

TMF can you do us all the honour of you doing the official playoff thread??

You got it Jay! I've been working on it day and night since the Magic first clinched a spot in the playoffs.

I have a file folder stored on my computer labeled: "ORLANDO MAGIC_ 2019 PLAYOFFS".

Thanks, my friend, for asking me to do it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Jay, I responded late to your previous request for me to do the official playoff game thread. I had gone to bed.

Are you considering using this wallpaper for the official playoff game thread "banner"? It's awesome!

14 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Jay, I responded late to your previous request for me to do the official playoff game thread. I had gone to bed.

Are you considering using this wallpaper for the official playoff game thread "banner"? It's awesome!

Wow! I can't make out the name under PLAYOFFS, but whomever did that poster deserves major props! Really, really cool!!

Just watched the game, it was a very nice win for us! I had my doubts that we would be the same team without JI and Vooch, but I am happy that my concerns were misguided. Our team has something we have been lacking for a long time, confidence. When the going gets tough, we haven't panicked and that's a good thing. We stayed true to ourselves and stayed in control.  I hope we can make some noise in the playoffs. I know it should be one game at a time, but I can't help thinking about round 2. I think we can get there!

10 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Not overthinking at all and cap management critical.   if we do not sign Vuc we save $12 million.  Next year Mozgov's contract gone saving about $17 million.  If we resign Ross I am thinking we add $5-6 million to what we are paying him now. ($10 mil per year to $16 mil per year).  Leaves us with a $23 million net to spend ($29 mil losing Vuc and Mozgoc and + $6 million to Ross.  In addition we lose Fournier's $17 million the following year.  Rookie contracts go up a bit too so have to factor that in  but K. Walker ($25 million or more per year/4 years) could work over 4 years if we can make the first year work salary wise.  Problem is I just read Dallas will throw max money at Walker. ( something like 140 million over 4 years.).  So he may be too expensve if that  happens.  But we need to overthink  and try to  be creative.  

Except it doesn't work that way - waiving Vuc would not save us $12M, as we are already over the salary cap. Waiving Vuc basically does nothing but bring us down closer to the cap. To get anywhere near the $30M in cap space it would take to get near Kemba, we would need to waive Grant, Martin, Vucevic, Ross, Birch, MCW, and/or Iwundu; and Waive/Stretch Mozgov. That would also mean we would lose out on the MLE, which is only for teams that are over the cap. You could start Kemba/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba; but your bench would be Augustin/Fultz/Frazier/16th pick and whatever free agents you can sign to minimum contracts. 

As much as I like Kemba as a player, I just don't think it is the right timing to chase a max agent this year. 

9 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Except it doesn't work that way - waiving Vuc would not save us $12M, as we are already over the salary cap. Waiving Vuc basically does nothing but bring us down closer to the cap. To get anywhere near the $30M in cap space it would take to get near Kemba, we would need to waive Grant, Martin, Vucevic, Ross, Birch, MCW, and/or Iwundu; and Waive/Stretch Mozgov. That would also mean we would lose out on the MLE, which is only for teams that are over the cap. You could start Kemba/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba; but your bench would be Augustin/Fultz/Frazier/16th pick and whatever free agents you can sign to minimum contracts. 

As much as I like Kemba as a player, I just don't think it is the right timing to chase a max agent this year. 

If that’s the price its too high I think. I wonder if the Conley trade would still be a thing that we should pursue. 

37 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

If that’s the price its too high I think. I wonder if the Conley trade would steal be a thing that we should pursue. 

I still think it makes more sense to give Fultz minutes even if it makes us take a small step backwards. 

Conley was more of an option if we didn't find a young player with high upside to trade for.