Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Hornets - Wednesday, April 10th at 8:00 P.M.

26 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Maybe I'm overthinking things. If we could keep Ross and Bamba improves we could run kemba-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba Fultz-Ross-iwundu-Birch

And I guess 4 years isn't that long

And it's the 30% max, not the super max. 

So maybe it's be smart to do that. 

But Fultz is almost 21, Bamba is almost 21, Isaac is 21. That's a lot of youth and uncertainty to say "this is our team for 4 years now go and make the second round"

Not overthinking at all and cap management critical.   if we do not sign Vuc we save $12 million.  Next year Mozgov's contract gone saving about $17 million.  If we resign Ross I am thinking we add $5-6 million to what we are paying him now. ($10 mil per year to $16 mil per year).  Leaves us with a $23 million net to spend ($29 mil losing Vuc and Mozgoc and + $6 million to Ross.  In addition we lose Fournier's $17 million the following year.  Rookie contracts go up a bit too so have to factor that in  but K. Walker ($25 million or more per year/4 years) could work over 4 years if we can make the first year work salary wise.  Problem is I just read Dallas will throw max money at Walker. ( something like 140 million over 4 years.).  So he may be too expensve if that  happens.  But we need to overthink  and try to  be creative.  

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Since it is basically the same guys I would say what a difference a coach makes. I am 100% on board with Steve Clifford and the way he got this team to play to its strengths and work together as a unit on defense. Hats off to our FO as well for getting us Briscoe and MCW, signing AG to a great contract, and dumping EP. Kudos in advance for re-signing TRoss and Vuc at great contracts too!