Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Hornets - Wednesday, April 10th at 8:00 P.M.

11 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah, Fultz is a good passer. His numbers were just lower due to playing with Simmons. 

He should basically be a slightly better MCW at worst. 

Do you think fultz will ever become the guy he was drafted to be? The draft reports were very high on him. Is it his injury holding him back, or were those that evaluated him incorrect?

30 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Do you think fultz will ever become the guy he was drafted to be? The draft reports were very high on him. Is it his injury holding him back, or were those that evaluated him incorrect?

It's hard to say if he'll get back. There is a chance his injury is persistent. Assuming he becomes pain free, from what I saw from his NBA tape already there's no way he's not at least a high end backup. 

http://bkref.com/tiny/evDiE

But nobody really knows what his ceiling is. 

10 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

While I agree that it is a not  good timing to go after a FA this year your numbers and who needs to be waived are off .  Salary cap rises to $109 million for next year with luxury tax threshold rising to $132 million. Goes up again the following year to expected $116 million/141 Mil Luxury tax.  We could get to $24-$25 million this year, still not enough for Walker.   Ross and Vuc do not count against our salary cap as UFA's but could be signed even if cap is exceeded under the Free Agent exception rule.  It still makes more sense, financially, to pursue FA's after next yeaar (depending on whether we resing Ross and/or Vuc) or in 2020-2021 the year Fournier's contract is up.  Could get to max money one or both of those years.    If we are going after a FA, I want to go after a star which takes max money.  Of course that may all be moot if Fultz is healthy and becomes an All Star.

Yes, all of your free agents and restricted free agents count via cap holds, which is why you have to waive them to release the hold. Check out spotrac.com for all the numbers - they do a really good job of laying it out. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/orlando-magic/cap/2019/

32 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's hard to say if he'll get back. There is a chance his injury is persistent. Assuming he becomes pain free, from what I saw from his NBA tape already there's no way he's not at least a high end backup. 

http://bkref.com/tiny/evDiE

But nobody really knows what his ceiling is. 

Thanks! I am hoping that if he can't ever get his offense going that he at least becomes a very good distributer and defender. Nothing against DJ, but that is an area I would like to see us improve in. 

7 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

When it comes to the playoffs, what matters more, a good offense, or a good defense?

I would say having multiple ways to score during a game in the playoff's is more valuable which I guess would come under good offense.

58 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

When it comes to the playoffs, what matters more, a good offense, or a good defense?

It isn't one or the other. It's a collection of both. The Pistons from 2001 to 2005 were a great defense, average offense team. 

Boston was one game out of the finals last year with the 18th ranked offense and top defense. 

On the other hand the 16-17 rockets went to the second round with the 2nd ranked offense and 18th ranked defense

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Yes, all of your free agents and restricted free agents count via cap holds, which is why you have to waive them to release the hold. Check out spotrac.com for all the numbers - they do a really good job of laying it out. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/orlando-magic/cap/2019/

Thanks and this offseason drama should surround resigning Vuc and/or Ross.  If not when we lose Mozgov next year and Fournier's contract comes off the books the following year, we might have real cap room.  By that time we also may know what we really need.  I do agree that this is not the right timing.  I really think we have a special group of players that I want to see grow and develop.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It isn't one or the other. It's a collection of both. The Pistons from 2001 to 2005 were a great defense, average offense team. 

Boston was one game out of the finals last year with the 18th ranked offense and top defense. 

On the other hand the 16-17 rockets went to the second round with the 2nd ranked offense and 18th ranked defense

We split with the Raptors 2-2. However, didn't we have a hard time slowing down Lowry and VanVleet? If I remember right, they pretty much could do what ever they wanted against DJ and MCW. I am excited to see what our coaches will come up with and if our team defense will help us prevail. 

13 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

It may depend partly on whether this is mostly psychological, and if it is, whether a new environment will help him get over it.