Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Celtics - Sunday, April 7th at 7:30 P.M.

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

For the regular season they've been beating teams at a rate/by a magnitude similar to the 2000 Lakers, the 87 Lakers, the 62 Celtics, any of the great Spurs teams. If Golden State didn't exist and that Milwaukee team played in New York they'd be talked about more. 

They could be a huge disappointment in the playoffs but if we're forecasting our best matchup we need to assume they'll be competent. 

Okay, so one of the best regular season teams of all-time. They've got a little more work to do for the previous title.  

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

MCW is a below average player. He works right now because we have a very limited and well defined role for him that takes advantage of his strengths while mitigating his weaknesses (very spursesque. They do this all the time). Because of that I'm hesitant to expand that role. It might work out fine or it might destroy the equilibrium we have in the rotation. 

Good points. I was just curious to hear what others think. As you said, it is probably best to not destroy the chemistry. That said, do we just ride with what we have and stick with it even if we get in trouble, or should we change things up a bit? The goal is to win. Not sure who we have in the wings that could provide a spark should we need it. 

As for the discussion on who we should play, I personally am not going to worry about it. Why? IMO, this is about us and how we handle the increased intensity and whether or not we perform when the pressure is on. For a team that has no legitimate star, I think we match up well with most teams if we can keep our energy and effort high. Of course I want to win and move on to the next round, but I am also ok with this being a learning situation for our team. Just don't choke and come out flat and I will be ok with the result. 

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Btw, any words on JI? Is he on the concussion protocol?  That will blow!

he said he is fine. via twitter...

10 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

he said he is fine. via twitter...

Great news. I think he was hit by Smart on that cut down the lane, but he stayed in the game for quite a while afterwards

Didn't they say he had a bloody jaw it something? Doesn't sound like a concussion, I would think he should be ready to go for Wednesday.

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I might be the only one here sharing this sentiment  but I want to play the Bucks in the first round. I think we can match well with them  and I don't think they are 100% healthy.  Our defense can create some problem. Perhaps their playoff inexperience can also play in our favor. Even though we are the less experienced team out there, we have nothing to lose.They have all the pressure in the world. 

Our bench is playing really well and can easily outperform their bench. 

Don't want to play philadelphia. They have playoff experience and will be tough to win a game against Them. 

Toronto will be interesting. Don't know how to read them.

You are just trolling. As someone who made a similar comment about 30 days ago this is clearly wrong. I can admit my mistakes. Philly is the best match-up for us to possibly get the upset.They can go very cold shooting sometimes and have no depth. They make up for this with defense and interior play.Toronto and Milwaukee have  better players and pretty good depth. Toronto is probably who we get, and judging from the regular season we play well against them.I'm still not sure they made the right move getting Gasol. Also Lin and Lowry cannot stay healthy. 

24 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

You are just trolling. As someone who made a similar comment about 30 days ago this is clearly wrong. I can admit my mistakes. Philly is the best match-up for us to possibly get the upset.They can go very cold shooting sometimes and have no depth. They make up for this with defense and interior play.Toronto and Milwaukee have  better players and pretty good depth. Toronto is probably who we get, and judging from the regular season we play well against them.I'm still not sure they made the right move getting Gasol. Also Lin and Lowry cannot stay healthy. 

he is not trolling. he is expressing his belief and has a very optimistic view. I will say this.. Bucks do not scare me as much as some round here.

each to their own of course.

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I wasn't even 18 when we played our last playoff game LOL

I was just about 18. I hadn't been to university yet. Now Ive got a mortgage. Crazy.

Not sure if it's been posted (too lazy to look through previous pages atm) but Khem Birch got into Zach Lowe's "Luke Walton All Stars".