Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Celtics - Sunday, April 7th at 7:30 P.M.

6 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

You are undervaluing AG and JI defense. They will not  be able stop Giannis but can surely cause some trouble. Giannis will have to work hard at the other end as well.

This has never been the case.  You're ignoring facts.

6 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

And Vooch can certainly stay in the game. Giannis will not be able to play Vooch in the defensive end. I dont think we need to adjust to them. Let them adjust to us and Lopez will have trouble defending Vooch.  

This is blind optimism.

7 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Bring them! No reason to be afraid of them. 

More ignorance and blind optimism.

I get being excited about the current situation but at least be informed.  Or just say you prefer to take on the biggest challenge.  But don't create things that aren't true simply because you want them to be.

• Downvote 1

People can be irrationally optimistic. That's fine. 

But there's no argument to suggest that Milwaukee would be a better option than Philly or Toronto. We match up better with Toronto. We match up pretty well against Philly and Philly has the worst depth of the 3 teams. 

I mean Philly's best bench wing right now is zhaire Smith. A player with 4 NBA games under his belt who is shooting 23%. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

You're just wrong here. Everything you said is just wishful thinking. 

Giannis has no trouble with Gordon and Isaac. He's shooting 62% against them this year and 73% against them last year. The only time we've slowed him down was the time they were beating us so badly that he only had to play 19 minutes. 

You are wrong. You see.. you use the stats to justify a point that is not 100% accurate. 

I understand about Giannis and how difficult he is to defend him. But we have played them 3 times this year. 

We lost the first game of our meeting early in the year, in October. Giannis scored 21. Bledsoe and Brogdon were the ones who really outperformed us. We had Grant as our back up PG.  

2nd time around we lost by 10. Giannis scored 25. AG did not play and we had Simmons as our starting SF. 

3rd time around in February We defeated them by 20 in their home-court. They did not played Giannis but we also made some changes after the break. Simmons  was not longer in our rotation and Iwundu and Briscoe were coming off the bench. Our defense was much better.

My point is that we have a better team and they are not 100% healthy and inexperienced in the playoff as well. We have not had a game with AG, Iwundu and JI playing together against Giannis. 

Maybe is wishful thinking but like I said before. I might be alone here. It is just my opinion. Nothing wrong with that. I rather play them than Philadelphia. 

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

You are wrong. You see.. you use the stats to justify a point that is not 100% accurate. 

I understand about Giannis and how difficult he is to defend him. But we have played them 3 times this year. 

We lost the first game of our meeting early in the year, in October. Giannis scored 21. Bledsoe and Brogdon were the ones who really outperformed us. We had Grant as our back up PG.  

2nd time around we lost by 10. Giannis scored 25. AG did not play and we had Simmons as our starting SF. 

3rd time around in February We defeated them by 20 in their home-court. They did not played Giannis but we also made some changes after the break. Simmons  was not longer in our rotation and Iwundu and Briscoe were coming off the bench. Our defense was much better.

My point is that we have a better team and they are not 100% healthy and inexperienced in the playoff as well. We have not had a game with AG, Iwundu and JI playing together against Giannis. 

Maybe is wishful thinking but like I said before. I might be alone here. It is just my opinion. Nothing wrong with that. I rather play them than Philadelphia. 

But Philly isn't healthy, has no depth, we have a viable strategy to beat them, and they don't have the MVP of the league on a historically great team. 

How can you argue it would be worse to play them? It makes no sense. 

Giannis only scored 21 that first game in 19 MINUTES

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This is just so misunderstanding of what the bucks actually are. 

How do we match up well with them? Bledsoe is the type of point guard that Augustin struggles with. Neither Gordon or Isaac can defend giannis. And vucevic can't stay on the court when they play giannis at center and go small. 

And the injuries they have are inconsequential. They still have George Hill, ilyasova, and Pat Connaughton. That's enough depth. 

Milwaukee is one of the best teams of all time. The two times they played us full strength neither game was even close. We have two other team's we can play that we match up well against and have objective success against this season. 

WE DO NOT WANT TO PLAY MILWAUKEE.

What are your thoughts on MCW and do you think he is comparable to Augustine? It seems to me that MCW is the better defender, facilitator, and he pushes the pace; however, he is not really an offensive threat. On the other hand, Augustine probably doesn't push the pace as much, but probably is an equal facilitator and brings more of an offensive threat. When you talk about guarding Bledsoe. Would you consider playing MCW instead of Augustine to try and slow him down a bit?

When did Milwaukee become "one of the best teams of all-time"? I'm not saying I want them but I think they need to at least win one playoff series before they are anointed at that level.

Just now, Barnabas Smith said:

What are your thoughts on MCW and do you think he is comparable to Augustine? It seems to me that MCW is the better defender, facilitator, and he pushes the pace; however, he is not really an offensive threat. On the other hand, Augustine probably doesn't push the pace as much, but probably is an equal facilitator and brings more of an offensive threat. When you talk about guarding Bledsoe. Would you consider playing MCW instead of Augustine to try and slow him down a bit?

MCW is a below average player. He works right now because we have a very limited and well defined role for him that takes advantage of his strengths while mitigating his weaknesses (very spursesque. They do this all the time). Because of that I'm hesitant to expand that role. It might work out fine or it might destroy the equilibrium we have in the rotation. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

But Philly isn't healthy, has no depth, we have a viable strategy to beat them, and they don't have the MVP of the league on a historically great team. 

How can you argue it would be worse to play them? It makes no sense. 

You think?. I am just concern with Butler. Harris and Embiid experience and how they can use that in their favor. Not to mention JJ’s. 

Maybe you are correct. Philadelphia bench is really weak. I am not concern with Their PG’s either. I can see us taking advantage of their lack of depth. I guess you are right.

But I still think we can beat the Bucks. 

9 minutes ago, magicblue said:

When did Milwaukee become "one of the best teams of all-time"? I'm not saying I want them but I think they need to at least win one playoff series before they are anointed at that level.

For the regular season they've been beating teams at a rate/by a magnitude similar to the 2000 Lakers, the 87 Lakers, the 62 Celtics, any of the great Spurs teams. If Golden State didn't exist and that Milwaukee team played in New York they'd be talked about more. 

They could be a huge disappointment in the playoffs but if we're forecasting our best matchup we need to assume they'll be competent. 

31 minutes ago, ML6 said:

This has never been the case.  You're ignoring facts.

This is blind optimism.

More ignorance and blind optimism.

I get being excited about the current situation but at least be informed.  Or just say you prefer to take on the biggest challenge.  But don't create things that aren't true simply because you want them to be.

Im not sure where this coming from. I stated my facts and reason why I feel this way. Not sure where you get the Ignorant and not informed  statement from. 

?4thewin and I are having a normal interaction and we are both explaining our points as to why we feel this way. Nothing personal.

I am not ignoring anything. In fact, I am stating my facts with what we saw on those 3 games we faced each other.  Perhaps you might want to add more to your statements and prove us how you see my points as ignorant and misinformed. 

And like I said, it was just my opinion. Not trying to convinced anyone. 

11 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

You think?. I am just concern with Butler. Harris and Embiid experience and how they can use that in their favor. Not to mention JJ’s. 

Maybe you are correct. Philadelphia bench is really weak. I am not concern with Their PG’s either. I can see us taking advantage of their lack of depth. I guess you are right.

But I still think we can beat the Bucks. 

I don't think their experience amounts to much over Milwaukee. I think Milwaukee is more talented than Philly, better coached than Philly, has played together longer than Philly.