Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Hawks - Friday, April 5th at 7:00 P.M.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

If Charlotte wins the next three and we dont beat Boston we could be out of the playoffs

If I am a betting man I would bet the RANCH on that taking place. In fact I am gonna call it here first: Kemba is in and we are out. It's all working itself out for that to happen. And when it does we can't be mad at losing the last two games. What cost us was losing 3 straight to the Bulls, Cavs, and Knicks. That cost us our playoff shot this year.

Just now, MagicOne said:

Please explain how that potential 3  team tiebreaker would work here ?

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think so. 

Maybe if the heat are also 40-42 we win the tiebreaker

Edit: yeah. If we're tied with the heat and Charlotte we win the tiebreaker

Disagree in the hypothetical 3 way tie at 40-42. First tiebreaker would be head to head, which would cancel out from us beating Miami, Miami beating Charlotte and Charlotte beating us, second tiebreaker would be division winner which would have to rely on the third tiebreaker which would be division record. Charlotte would be 11-5 in the southeast in this hypothetical and we’d be 9-7. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Let's just beat Boston so I don't have to calculate wins

It's gonna be Charlotte or bust I am afraid.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Let's just beat Boston so I don't have to calculate wins

Agreed. Take care of our own business and let the rest fall in to place. Our fate is in our own hands, so let’s take it

So our game against the Hawks was a technical knockout. It must be them gold gloves (see game thread opener).

Remember the Spike Lee character "Mars Blackmon" in the commercial about Michael Jordan's Shoe?

Mars Blackmon said: "It's Gotta Be Da Shoe".

GVFtc1.png

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

We’re just as good as Boston and match up great with them. Very winnable game

Not feeling good about that one. Gonna have to hope Charlotte loses to Detroit to eliminate them and have Miami lose so we can back in.

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Not feeling good about that one. Gonna have to hope Charlotte loses to Detroit to eliminate them and have Miami lose so we can back in.

Or we can hope Charlotte wins over Detroit, take care of our own business against Boston, and it doesn’t matter what Miami does. We beat Boston on Sunday, we clinch a spot. Detroit loses another game, we’re one step closer to the 6 seed 

25 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Or we can hope Charlotte wins over Detroit, take care of our own business against Boston, and it doesn’t matter what Miami does. We beat Boston on Sunday, we clinch a spot. Detroit loses another game, we’re one step closer to the 6 seed 

No. I think it's going to be difficult with Detroit's schedule for us to get to the 6th seed. We want Charlotte to lose. 

58 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No. I think it's going to be difficult with Detroit's schedule for us to get to the 6th seed. We want Charlotte to lose. 

Their game is at 4, so we should know the result before the Celtics game