Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Hawks - Friday, April 5th at 7:00 P.M.

What a night.  We have a statement game win, Heat lose, Pistons lose and M. Hezonja gets a triple double.  Pistons still look like 42 wins is likely, I like us for 41, maybe 42.  Brooklyn has to hope Milwaukee, who they play Saturday night in Milwaukee rests some starters and then they play at Indiana, who will not be resting anyone and will hungry for a win Sunday night.  If the Nets lose both I do not see Miami winning 3 in a row and besides that one of those three is agains the Nets.  We are looking good.

10 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

We are now up in the loss column against all of them correct ? Have 1 fewer loss ?

Tied in the loss column with Detroit and Brooklyn but 1 more win. 

We'll probably fall to at least 7th but it's looking very good that we make the playoffs

Who do we root for this Sunday when Charlotte plays Detroit ? Should be Detroit. Because if the Hornets beat the Pistons then they will beat Cleveland before facing the Magic. So if Charlotte beats Detroit and the Magic lose to Boston then that game in Charlotte will be very important. Something tells me that game could decide a lot.  Let' hope the Heat lose so we can clinch a spot before then.

Can't sleep on those pesky Hornets. They could ruin everything for us.

They MUST lose in Detroit on Sunday.

Wouldn't it be a slap in the neck if it's Charlotte that gets in along with Detroit and Brooklyn and we're left out in the cold along with Miami ?

Unfortunately  I see that last game meaning EVERYTHING.

Can’t we still lose a spot to the Hornets even if the Heat lose? 

So let’s take the Heat out of it. Let’s say we  lose in Boston. Charlotte wins their next 2. Wed go into that game 40-41 and them 39-42. If they beat us, don’t they take the tiebreaker and jump us? We’ll pretend it’s just a 2 team tie, us and them. 

12 minutes ago, ML6 said:

So let’s take the Heat out of it. Let’s say we  lose in Boston. Charlotte wins their next 2. Wed go into that game 40-41 and them 39-42. If they beat us, don’t they take the tiebreaker and jump us? We’ll pretend it’s just a 2 team tie, us and them. 

I think so. 

Maybe if the heat are also 40-42 we win the tiebreaker

Edit: yeah. If we're tied with the heat and Charlotte we win the tiebreaker

3 minutes ago, ML6 said:

If they were to beat us then they are in and we are out due to the tiebreaker. Unfortunately I see this scenario taking place. It will be the last game in Charlotte for all the marbles.

The only thing that can prevent this is if the Pistons beat them in Detroit on Sunday.

Or if I may be so blunt, if the Hornets beat the Pistons on Sunday then they are in and we are out. I don't see us beating the Celtics up there and we all know how we do against  the Hornets.

33 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

What a night.  We have a statement game win, Heat lose, Pistons lose and M. Hezonja gets a triple double.  Pistons still look like 42 wins is likely, I like us for 41, maybe 42.  Brooklyn has to hope Milwaukee, who they play Saturday night in Milwaukee rests some starters and then they play at Indiana, who will not be resting anyone and will hungry for a win Sunday night.  If the Nets lose both I do not see Miami winning 3 in a row and besides that one of those three is agains the Nets.  We are looking good.

4/16millions?

48 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

I wanna have that Charlotte game mean nothing OR perhaps just some potential positioning to avoid the Bucks

If Charlotte wins the next three and we dont beat Boston we could be out of the playoffs

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think so. 

Maybe if the heat are also 40-42 we win the tiebreaker

Edit: yeah. If we're tied with the heat and Charlotte we win the tiebreaker

Please explain how that potential 3  team tiebreaker would work here ?