TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Knicks - Wednesday, April 3rd at 7:00 P.M.

13 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Possible, yes; probable, no. We are currently in 8th. We are 1/2 game behind Detroit in sixth (really 1 1/2 behind, as they have the tie-break), same record as Brooklyn in 7th (really 1 behind, as they have the tie-break), and 1/2 game ahead of Miami (but that is really 1 1/2, as we have the tie-break). But if multiple teams end with the same record (not just 2 teams), it will go to the conference record; which we currently lead. So in essence, we are in good position, but we need to keep winning to control our own destiny. 

True 

31 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yet, he likes to be here. I have been surprised on how good he has played defensively at times. He is still young and very much frustating most of the time. BUT..

He might be good under our current coaching staff and at 3-4 millions a year...

Not bad.

I wouldn't sign him. We're past the point of signing guys like that. Need reliable vets surrounding Fultz, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba. Need a young 2 to develop and then guys who you know what you're getting with them. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

We released briscoe noooooo

He will be fine. It is unfortunate but he has an injury and cant help us now. It was the abvious choice. We need as many healthy players in the roster as we can.. Grant should be the one out but he is healthy.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I wouldn't sign him. We're past the point of signing guys like that. Need reliable vets surrounding Fultz, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba. Need a young 2 to develop and then guys who you know what you're getting with them. 

I don't disagree. I still dont know what we can get from him. 

30 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

He will be fine. It is unfortunate but he has an injury and cant help us now. It was the abvious choice. We need as many healthy players in the roster as we can.. Grant should be the one out but he is healthy.

I sure hope the conversation to Briscoe went something like this......"You are in our plans for the future as a backup PG and the only reason we are doing this is due to your injury and you cannot help us now."   Rest assured that, short of an injury that you cannot recover from, your play has earned you the opportunity to be a part of this team."  Anything else would show management incompetence and a message that no other players need to hear.  Briscoe helped get us here during the 6 game win streak before the all star break not Grant.  MCW helped us get back into the playoff hunt not Grant.  If we get down to using Grant over Augustine, MCW, Fournier, Ross, and Iwundu in the playoffs it is over.  Briscoe's upside >  Grant so I hope he is not upset.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I sure hope the conversation to Briscoe went something like this......"You are in our plans for the future as a backup PG and the only reason we are doing this is due to your injury and you cannot help us now."   Rest assured that, short of an injury that you cannot recover from, your play has earned you the opportunity to be a part of this team."  Anything else would show management incompetence and a message that no other players need to hear.  Briscoe helped get us here during the 6 game win streak before the all star break not Grant.  MCW helped us get back into the playoff hunt not Grant.  If we get down to using Grant over Augustine, MCW, Fournier, Ross, and Iwundu in the playoffs it is over.  Briscoe's upside >  Grant so I hope he is not upset.

You can rest assure that Grant will not see the light unless there is further injuries. 

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Mario is consistently awesome in snapshots but terrible on average. 

His 10 best games this season define why so many people were high on him for so long. But he's been bad to the point of being almost unplayable for half of his games this year. 

A rebuilding team should definitely keep trying to develop him but I don't see how he contributes to a good team. 

He's easily the most frustrating player I've ever watched. He has every tool to be a really good player but those tools have no reliability. He defends giannis better than Gordon or Isaac but can't defend bench players or participate in team defense. He can hit 30 foot threes periodically but his shooting numbers are bad. He has great touch and vision on passes but makes dumb decisions. He can carry your scoring if you ask him to be your number one option but can't play on offense at all as your number 4 or 5 option. He's athletic but doesn't incorporate it into his game. 

Agreed.

And I don't think he'll be able to contribute as a sixth man / bench player. His outbursts usually happen as a starter, so his next few years will be boom or bust, in my opinion