TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Knicks - Wednesday, April 3rd at 7:00 P.M.

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but that doesn't really have anything to do with "we can afford 1 more loss"

We can spend that loss however we want. But we need it to only be 1

After tonight's results I like our chances to get to 41 wins. And 41 wins will be in.

14 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

After tonight's results I like our chances to get to 41 wins. And 41 wins will be in.

I mean 40 might still be enough. Miami needs to go 3-1 against a schedule that's at Minnesota then at Toronto, vs Philly, at Brooklyn 3 games in 4 nights.

If they go 2-2 in that stretch we can get in with 40. 

If they go 1-3 we're already in. 

1 minute ago, MagicOne said:

If they win Wednesday night would it be pretty fair to say that they would be in great shape then ?

If we win Friday night we'll know exactly what we need to do before the game is played vs Charlotte. 

Detroit is currently in 6th at 39-39 with four games left. They should beat CHA, MEM, NY, and with a loss to OKC, they wind up 42-40. Path to 40+ wins is pretty clear. 

Brooklyn is currently in 7th at 39-40 with three games left. They play back-to-back at MIL and IND, and end the season at home vs. Miami. Path to 40 wins is extremely tough.

Orlando is currently in 8th at 39-40 with three games left. We play home vs. ATL, and away at BOS and CHA. Path to 40 wins is reasonable.

Miami is currently in 9th at 38-40, with four games left. They play at MIN, at TOR, home vs. PHI, and at BKN the last game. If they beat MIN, it could come down to that final game vs Brooklyn; and that could have a ton of repercussions. Path to 40 wins is tough. 

It really is going to the wire. One more win probably gets it done, and two more wins is almost a lock. The only guarantee is winning out.

The good news is that we have the tie-break with Miami, so they need to win one games more than we do to get there. Brooklyn owns the tie-break with us, but they have a tougher schedule remaining. If it ends with all three tied, then Miami is out, based on conference record, and we probably get the 7th seed. A four-way tie still leaves Miami out, and we could jump to the 6th seed, as we currently have the best conference record among the four teams. 

• Upvote 2

And lest we forget, Charlotte still has a shot to make the playoffs as well. They are 36-42 with four games left; home vs TOR, @ DET, @ CLE,  and home vs ORL the last game. Anyone feel good about going into Charlotte in a must-win situation?!? I wouldn't!

I'm not saying it is a probability, and hopefully it won't come to pass; but it is still a remote possibility at this point. 

25 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

And lest we forget, Charlotte still has a shot to make the playoffs as well. They are 36-42 with four games left; home vs TOR, @ DET, @ CLE,  and home vs ORL the last game. Anyone feel good about going into Charlotte in a must-win situation?!? I wouldn't!

I'm not saying it is a probability, and hopefully it won't come to pass; but it is still a remote possibility at this point. 

We MUST totally AVOID such a scenario. Unless of course Kemba decides to suit up for us in that game.

Damn, this game was way better than a late season ORL vs NYK usually is. Some of our players had the jitters but then were really important in the 2nd half like DJ and AG.

Mario did his thing after a rough start, with some typical Mario boneheaded plays haha. Still had a great stat line and tons of talent. I hope that one day he reaches his ceiling, a class act.

All the other 4 teams losing was the icing on the cake