TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Knicks - Wednesday, April 3rd at 7:00 P.M.

Just watched the game. Even though we weren't playing well (stats don't tell the whole story), it was a nice win. Thank God for Ross. We sure needed his offense to help us regain control in the  3rd. Interesting that MCW was in late in the 4th to help close out the game. He was in with Augustine at the same time. It looked like we needed his energy. I wonder if Isaac is hurt. Glad he is trying to play through his injury (looks like a shoulder to me), but it looks like it is starting to take a toll. On a side note, has anyone heard anything about Bamba and if he will return to the team this year? Just curious... 

15 minutes ago, Barnabas Smith said:

Just watched the game. Even though we weren't playing well (stats don't tell the whole story), it was a nice win. Thank God for Ross. We sure needed his offense to help us regain control in the  3rd. Interesting that MCW was in late in the 4th to help close out the game. He was in with Augustine at the same time. It looked like we needed his energy. I wonder if Isaac is hurt. Glad he is trying to play through his injury (looks like a shoulder to me), but it looks like it is starting to take a toll. On a side note, has anyone heard anything about Bamba and if he will return to the team this year? Just curious... 

We're at the 8 week recovery period for Bamba. I assume if we really needed him he'd already be back but we're being conservative with him because as soon as he is cleared we need to cut someone to accommodate MCW. 

Multiple sources say he'll be available in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're at the 8 week recovery period for Bamba. I assume if we really needed him he'd already be back but we're being conservative with him because as soon as he is cleared we need to cut someone to accommodate MCW. 

Multiple sources say he'll be available in the playoffs. 

Thanks! Do you think it will be Grant who we part ways with?

How does it work with MCW being he has been on the multiple 10 day contracts. When the second one expires do we just cut someone and sign him? It's been amazing the attitude and energy he brings. I really don't think we would be in the position we're in without him.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

How does it work with MCW being he has been on the multiple 10 day contracts. When the second one expires do we just cut someone and sign him? It's been amazing the attitude and energy he brings. I really don't think we would be in the position we're in without him.

We just sign him. 

If someone gets healthy we need to cut someone. 

If it gets to April 12th and none of the 4 guys have been cleared we still need to cut someone as the extra player roster exemption doesn't carry over to the post season. 

For some reason other, typically reliable, sources seem to think signing MCW to the roster and cutting a player needs to happen concurrently but they're wrong. No decision has to be made until the 12th

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

4years/16millions?

Mario just doesn't have enough basketball I.Q.

He also is shooting 27% from the 3 this year. 

2 hours ago, Barnabas Smith said:

Thanks! Do you think it will be Grant who we part ways with?

Grant is who I'd pick. 

Wouldn't be shocked if they waived briscoe or Mozgov though. 

33 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Mario just doesn't have enough basketball I.Q.

He also is shooting 27% from the 3 this year. 

Mario is consistently awesome in snapshots but terrible on average. 

His 10 best games this season define why so many people were high on him for so long. But he's been bad to the point of being almost unplayable for half of his games this year. 

A rebuilding team should definitely keep trying to develop him but I don't see how he contributes to a good team. 

He's easily the most frustrating player I've ever watched. He has every tool to be a really good player but those tools have no reliability. He defends giannis better than Gordon or Isaac but can't defend bench players or participate in team defense. He can hit 30 foot threes periodically but his shooting numbers are bad. He has great touch and vision on passes but makes dumb decisions. He can carry your scoring if you ask him to be your number one option but can't play on offense at all as your number 4 or 5 option. He's athletic but doesn't incorporate it into his game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Grant is who I'd pick. 

Wouldn't be shocked if they waived briscoe or Mozgov though. 

I actually think Grant is the only real choice. Briscoe was playing well for us, bringing much the same as MCW is right now. Until we know more about Fultz; Briscoe is about the best, cheapest, third-string PG you can find. Shouldn't he be back from injury in a couple weeks as well?

Depending on the plans for this summer, there may be good reason to keep Mozgov until later in the summer. If we are going to waive our rights to Vuc, Ross, Martin, Grant and Birch right away for cap space, then obviously we waive/stretch Mozgov at the same time to get the maximum space to pursue a multi-time all-star. (Kemba?) 

But, if we aren't going all in like that, and we are planning on re-signing Birch, Ross, and/or Vucevic then we may need Mozgov's salary to keep our salary holds above the cap, giving us access to the Mid-level and/or the Bi-annual Exceptions to sign some veterans to complete our roster. After that is done, then we waive/stretch Mozgov to stay out of the luxury tax. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

His 10 best games this season define why so many people were high on him for so long. But he's been bad to the point of being almost unplayable for half of his games this year. 

A rebuilding team should definitely keep trying to develop him but I don't see how he contributes to a good team. 

He's easily the most frustrating player I've ever watched. He has every tool to be a really good player but those tools have no reliability. He defends giannis better than Gordon or Isaac but can't defend bench players or participate in team defense. He can hit 30 foot threes periodically but his shooting numbers are bad. He has great touch and vision on passes but makes dumb decisions. He can carry your scoring if you ask him to be your number one option but can't play on offense at all as your number 4 or 5 option. He's athletic but doesn't incorporate it into his game. 

100% agree with your Mario analysis!

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yet, he likes to be here. I have been surprised on how good he has played defensively at times. He is still young and very much frustating most of the time. BUT..

He might be good under our current coaching staff and at 3-4 millions a year...

Not bad.